How do you handle stress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you handle stress?

Men and women have very different approaches to handling stress.
    As individuals we resort to whatever means of riding out tough times we can.....usually our behaviours do not impact others.

As part of a couple everything we do and say impacts another person directly. How has your way of dealing with stress changed since you got married?

How do you recognize that your partner is going through a stressful time?

What do you do to make it easier for them?

Is there ever any time that you are unable to help? If yes, what are the obstacles and why?

so many questions!

but just so u have an answer, i bite my nails, start bobbing my foot unconsciously, and sometimes i google stuff about the stressful experience. reading other people's experiences makes me feel better. other times i make lists of possibilities. if i have a fight with a person, i usually like to talk it out right away. but it's not always possible because sometimes people like to give the silent treatment...i'm like "ok what did i do...tell me please!!"...<silence>..HATE THAT..

Comment

Re: How do you handle stress?

I really dont know, never analyzied it before now that u ask.. when I have stress I start neglecting my home, dont clean for a while, dont make the dessert to the dinner, sometimes I start getting angry at my partner for minor things and look for faults at others than mayself ect...

not very nice I know.

What helps is that I leave him alone and he leaves me alone ... after being alone, damagh theek ho jaata hai ... and we realise that we were bad and say sorry and then the stress goes away after we aknowlege it and talk over it.

Thank God it doesnt happen often (only when I have a deadline for something / assignment and I am running out of time). I have learned to do things before deadlines, so that I am not in such a situation, learned to manage time.
      Last edited by SaadiaB; Dec 2, 2008, 03:06 AM.

Comment

i cry.
        The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Originally posted by jalebi121 View Post
          if i have a fight with a person, i usually like to talk it out right away. but it's not always possible because sometimes people like to give the silent treatment...i'm like "ok what did i do...tell me please!!"...<silence>..HATE THAT..

same shtuff happens to m
          The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Not married yet.
            Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

Yeh i'm not married either!!
              But when i'm stressed i go to sleep lol!! or go 4 a run outside,

Comment

When im stressed, i usually look forward to my namaaz and that calms me and soothes me down. When me and hubby r both stressed, we relax in bed with some junk and watch some comedy. Being in each others company really de-stresses us Alhumdullilah.
                Now Scoot!

Comment

Originally posted by Sara516 View Post
                  i cry.

so do i
                  aao milke crying
                  ***Behekti Chokri***

Comment

I usually watch some TV and relax with some good munchies...
                    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

work out baby!
                      nothing better the running in freezing cold.
                      I mean nothing!
                      ﺃﷲ ﻧﯣﺮ ﺇﺴﻣﺇﯣﺇﺕ ﯣﺇﻠﺄﺮﺾ_ Best cheese-maker of monkVille

Comment

Originally posted by citrine View Post
                        so do i
                        aao milke crying

lol
                        all the girls cry almost all the time, you should girls night out crying or some thing.
                        ﺃﷲ ﻧﯣﺮ ﺇﺴﻣﺇﯣﺇﺕ ﯣﺇﻠﺄﺮﺾ_ Best cheese-maker of monkVille

Comment

Video games.
                          Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
                          Al-Ghazali

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna View Post
                            Men and women have very different approaches to handling stress.
                            As individuals we resort to whatever means of riding out tough times we can.....usually our behaviours do not impact others.

As part of a couple everything we do and say impacts another person directly. How has your way of dealing with stress changed since you got married?

How do you recognize that your partner is going through a stressful time?

What do you do to make it easier for them?

Is there ever any time that you are unable to help? If yes, what are the obstacles and why?
                            Most often I can guess that my husband is stressed by observing his eating pattern and his restlessness because he is generally easy going and laid back and a great communicator. He hates to be poked or questioned so I try to control my curiosity and tension because I know that eventually he's going to share it with me. Once the ice is broken, I give him my point of view and assume that he needs my help because unlike women, men don't just "vent" but are in fact seeking a solution.

There are times when my suggestions are not acceptable because women do have a different way of looking at things. I try not to lose my temper and make things worse although that does hapen sometimes.

At the end, I feel that developing clear communication with your spouse is the key.
                            Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

me not married yet...i will suggest all the dames that should take their hubby to thrill rides...
                              wooooooooooooooooooooo.

Fun na..
                              Love arrives on tiptoe and bangs the door when it leaves

Comment

Working...
                              X