Dont tempt fate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont tempt fate...

We are planning for a family inshallah...Can i buy baby clothes now? Hubby tells me not to as im tempting fate...

Can i or not...ive seen some lovely stuff and really tempted to buy it for our future baby inshallah but at the same time i keep thinking about what hubby is saying...

help!
    Now Scoot!

Re: Dont tempt fate...

I know how it feels, Sunset, but unless it's something VERY unusual and that won't go out of use, I wouldn't do it. I'd be careful about buying too much for babies anyway even when the time comes. Wait until you know what others will get you and the baby. :halo:

We have my parents and his within 10 minutes drive. Our child (whenever s/he decides to arrive) will be incredibly spoiled.

Comment

Ok so like I did something similar. I chose baby names like 10 years ago and I remember him saying the same thing about tempting fate. So......he was right. I have no kids. But a bunch of baby names

Comment

Originally posted by Sunset_Eyes View Post
        We are planning for a family inshallah...Can i buy baby clothes now? Hubby tells me not to as im tempting fate...

Can i or not...ive seen some lovely stuff and really tempted to buy it for our future baby inshallah but at the same time i keep thinking about what hubby is saying...

help!

Depends on how many months pregnant you are.
        The ineluctable truth emerges: The journey is more important than the destination. The real fun was the struggle.

Comment

I've heard this "tempting fate" thing from him as well. But not about kids - other things. Everytime he said it, I'd get annoyed. But now... I am just scared.

Ruiner - I am lost for words.
          Young soul's search has been paused.

Comment

When my sis got pregnant, we waited until the last trimester and then started buying things and had a HUGE baby shower. Most of the baby things were bought by guests and family. All she had to do was buy the necessities like bottles and wipes.

We bought a crib, changing table, stroller, baby armoire, diapers, clothes, onesies, socks, etc etc etc. My sis didnt buy any clothes until my niece was about 8 months.
            Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

^ me neither. infact i can count on my fingers the number of times i've bought clothes for her. she gets far too many pressies, alhumdolilah.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

I guess i will wait...its just so so tempting to buy cute stuff and imagine your bubba in it...but inshallah when the time comes for all of us...better things will be ot there to buy..

Girls, Just keep praying to Allah to shower us with a healthy, cute and a beautiful baby soon - Ameen.

*sigh*

Ruiner, i hope inshallah you have good news to share with us v soon.
                Now Scoot!

Comment

Oh and Arshard - the answer to ur question - 0.
                  Now Scoot!

Comment

Girls, Just keep praying to Allah to shower us with a healthy, cute and a beautiful baby soon - Ameen.
                    Ameen! And for all of us the same inshallah!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunset_Eyes View Post

help!
                      My advice: Keep praying for you and your baby's health and wellness and at the same time - go all out!

Enjoy these moments by shopping and pamperig yourself - your life will never be the same again once you have a baby.
                      A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

How do you say "dont tempt fate" in urdu?
                        it's the heart afraid of dying, that never learns to dance; It's the dream afraid of waking, that never takes the chance; It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give; And the soul afraid of dying, that never learns to live.

Comment

For both my kids I bought stuff the minute I found out I was pregnant, but not in the planning for a family stage. It was easier to buy stuff slowly out of the montly budget and stock up on diapers, clothes etc. not tomention the sales, I even got to stock upon out of season clothes for when teh kid got older.

Comment

Working...
                          X