Can a Girl/Boy Man/Woman Relation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a Girl/Boy Man/Woman Relation

Can a Girl/Boy or Man/Woman relation be platonic?

What do you think?
    Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

Re: Can a Girl/Boy Man/Woman Relation

I KNEW THIS WAS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe it can...however there are certain boundaries that need to be set and maintained. Simple.
    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

And the boundries are?

Comment

Originally posted by diwana View Post

What do you think?

no

Comment

it should not be...since all appreciations are for ALLAH SWT.

but ppl idealize- adore celebrities...so the norm is there, but since not everyone can feel the existence of ALLAH SWT so they use human to fulfill their want.
          "There are two rules for ultimate success in life: #1. Never tell everything you know." ;)

Comment

^

Comment

Originally posted by meher1982 View Post
              no
              Why not?

Comment

What do you think?
                yes.
                Your friendly neighbourhood fraudiya loafer luccha lufanga awara ayaash aubaash ghunda badmaash man

Comment

I personally think its just not possible to stay for long as platonic. Something will eventually come out of this kind of relation.

Comment

definitely yehhhh
                    ๋● ღBefore anyone else can love or respect you, you must love and respect yourself. ღ ๋●

Comment

What do you think?
                      yes it can as long as they are only acquaintances

Comment

I personally think its just not possible to stay for long as platonic. Something will eventually come out of this kind of relation.
                        Originally posted by haimeradil View Post
                        yes it can as long as they are only acquaintances
                        I have a friend who has been a pal for 18.5 years now, been to my wedding, my bros wedding, stayed at my place. The only something that has come out has been a very close friendship, someone my wife considers a sister my kids consider an aunt.

oh yeay and we have not been only acquaniatnces since 95
                        Your friendly neighbourhood fraudiya loafer luccha lufanga awara ayaash aubaash ghunda badmaash man

Comment

Oh...Islamically it tells that no, but sometimes, only some times i feel that is not possible...

Comment

Originally posted by X2 View Post
                            I have a friend who has been a pal for 18.5 years now, been to my wedding, my bros wedding, stayed at my place. The only something that has come out has been a very close friendship, someone my wife considers a sister my kids consider an aunt.

oh yeay and we have not been only acquaniatnces since 95
                            so from 95 and prior to this you were just acquaintances. that means it has been 13 years to this freindship if that is what you mean by pal and not 18.5 years as you said.

so you only started being pals with her after you were married. and you said your wife thinks of her as a sister. so maybe it is your wife that got close to her and you are just the tag along in the friendship. otherwise you would have been freinds with her from the beginning(before 95) if she was primarily YOUR friend.

Comment

Originally posted by haimeradil View Post
                              so from 95 and prior to this you were just acquaintances. that means it has been 13 years to this freindship if that is what you mean by pal and not 18.5 years as you said.

so you only started being pals with her after you were married. and you said your wife thinks of her as a sister. so maybe it is your wife that got close to her and you are just the tag along in the friendship. otherwise you would have been freinds with her from the beginning(before 95) if she was primarily YOUR friend.
                              sorry bad math, its late 13.5 years. and since your above theory only came about due to my math messup .. it does not apply so yeah 13.5 years, good friends, family friends, been to her home, met her family..before and after i got married.

as I stated she attended my wedding, I knew her before I even met my wife. . as a matter of fact she was among the people who I went to for their perspective before I even proposed.

at my wedding, she along with my sister did the usual sisterly stuff for the mehndi, rasams and what nots. and no, the family had not met her once until the day before the mehndi.

she is still primarily my friend, and while my wife and her are close now, I am still much closer to her.

so now that this whole theory of yours is pointless and irrelevent, I go back to my earlier post men and women can be just friends.

oh and btw, that was just one example...I have a few more, how about this one?

a hindu indian girl from my business school, been pals with her from about the same time, who came and stayed at my place after I was married, hung out with my wife and I, I met up with her without my wife present, and while her and my wife are not buddies and I have been in touch with her, there has not been anything developing now this is a girl who cooekd for me, (was a much better cook), i hung out at her apartment to watch TV, (she had a much better TV), helped her with her assigments ( I was one year ahead), and we had the same gang of pals, we hung out as a group, just her and I, or a few people at a time. it never meant anything more than friendship.

you want more? I had a pretty even mix of guy and girl pals and we have stayed pals thru the years.

I suppose it may be hard for some to think that men and women can be strictly friends but its def is more possible than some may think.

Comment

Working...
                              X