Breaking an engagement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking an engagement

Say you got engaged and after that you started having second thoughts or getting cold feet, is it morally or ethically right to break the engagement?
    The ineluctable truth emerges: The journey is more important than the destination. The real fun was the struggle.

Re: Breaking an engagement

Gosh, I don't really know. In a sense it would be right to break it off if you weren't 100% sure...rather than to go ahead with it and have problems later on but then again, can you be 100% sure about anything?

On the other hand.. I think it would be kind of wrong because you should think all that stuff through before you actually agree to it. And it isn't fair on the other person if you're gonna just turn around and break it off
    *Kya us manzil tak.... pohanchun gi kabhi...*

Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears.

Comment

Oh so now we know why you have been MIA, Arshad.
      Blessed, happy, and content. Alhumdulillah.
      :)

Comment

Whats MIA? This is just a hypothetical situation.
        The ineluctable truth emerges: The journey is more important than the destination. The real fun was the struggle.

Comment

missing in action.
          Blessed, happy, and content. Alhumdulillah.
          :)

Comment

lol...well I am going to missing a few times over the next year.

Comment

yes; i would say break it if your not happy. no point in ruining two lives and subsequent childrens' lives if your not happy with your spouse-to-be.

Comment

what is the real reason of breaking it off...is it cold feet(just nervousness) or more then that?
                The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

The thing is, marriage is a risk no matter what angle you look at it from. You can try and calculate that risk but its just a try and in the end just as much of a gamble as an arranged marriage would be.

People get cold feet all the time, its a reality. However, it is just that...cold feet and nothing more.

I would make a list of pros and cons and take it from there.
                  Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

it depends upon the situation and reasons why any one wanna break up the engagement. i wonder why ppl get engaged when they're not pretty sure abt their partner to be, wether they can get by or not.

I personally feel it brings pain for both
                    Breaking up is'nt a gud idea.......... unless their is a strong reason behind

Comment

i think its not ethically right to break up with someone.......every relationship needs some time to grow fully mature....
                      ~~Be strong now, because things will get better.... it might be stormy now, but it can't rain forever...~~~

Comment

In our families, once you gave "ZABAAN" then you've to stick to it no matter how worse is the situation!

You have been asked once, later whats the point of playing with other's life! Just because of the cold response or nervousness? Com'on.. who guarantees you you wouldnt face it the next time... Get out of bollywood films

Comment

lots of things in this world happen which are unethical. tho phir yeh kya cheez heh.

waise if someone starts to feel this way in the engagment period only is this not strange. engagment period is supposed to be happy and dreamy. problems start after the wedding not before. if htey start before i think maybe those problems might be abnormal adn signalling that you might be heading for danger. better to save yourself now.

and it certainly bery well may be pâinful to othe other party but it is your life and you have a right to look after your own interests.

Comment

Its better to break off an engagement than enter into a messy marriage.
                            Grizzly bear

Comment

its ofcourse nt fair to the other person but it wud be better to do this now than later when u end up married n have kids....that wud be worse much worse. But do make sure that you are sure abt what you want and are not just nervous about the whole situation and tryin to get away.

Comment

Working...
                              X