Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual rotation

Hi there, how are all of u doing

I just wanted to ask if "rotation" hurts and is harmful or not!? Im close to my 36th week and the baby is still in a breech position, the doc said that she'll try to rotate the baby from the outside, has anyone undergone this procedure? Is it safe? Any complications? Is it painful???

Plzz reply!
    I'm sweet like honey, but sting like a bee!

It is better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not...

Re: Manual rotation

nope dont know about this procedure.
    The best loved by God are those that are rich, yet have the humility of the poor, and those that are poor and have the magnanimity of the rich.

Saadi Sherazi

Comment

Its called a "manual version", they apply pressure to your tummy to manipulate the baby into a head-down position. I dont think it hurts but not sure...I'd think its just like a vigourous massage! I think they typically give the baby more time and wait till one or 2 weeks before the due date to try this. I almost had to go for this but my little guy turned the day before the appt! And if I remember right, it was in my 38th week. If yuor doc wants to do this, make sure they monitor with ultrasound and see if the doc will agree to wait a little longer. If they do it too soon, baby may just decide to go back to heads-up! There should be some good info on this at babycenter.com. Dont worry too much! This happens to many and baby usually cooperates in time! Good luck!

Comment

I have watched one.
        According to the sounds emanating from the mother-to-be, it looked really painful.
        I don't think that I would want to go through one.

But I think Mamaof3 is right......it's a bit early to try a version cuz, from what I have read and know.....baby can still turn on it's own a week before you are due.

Insha-Allah it will work out okay. Just pray.

Comment

im scared

It is better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not...

Comment

Ms BV, not to worry. all will (Mashallah) turn out just fine. Like i said, this happens pretty frequently and usually baby turns when BABY is REDDY!!!! So maybe you just have a little taurus in there lol! They had me pretty scared too...i went thru almost 2 weeks of worry and then the day before the version, oops, DOWN he went! So relax, read stories to your little one-to be and do your best to just enjoy while you have the little one ALL to yourself!

keep us posted! and i will keep you especially in my prayers.

Comment

^^ thnx 4 ure warm wishes and prayers
              lub ya

Comment

I just read my post. I wrote in a hurry and didn't mean to frighten you.
                As Mama said, most babies turn on their own. Don't worry about something that may never have to take place.

Relax.

Comment

my sil who's a doc said that it's very risky...

Comment

^^don't worry inshallah the baby will turn on his own before it's time for delivery. And keep us informed.

Comment

The risk comes from the possibility of the cord getting in the way when they turn the little one. If they monitor the procedure with ultrasound, they can see what they're doing and avoid cord troubles. Its pretty rare that problems occur when they use ultrasound but thats also part of the reason that they should wait till later on, closer to the due date to try it - so if anything happens, they can safely deliver the baby in time.

Dont worry Ms BV. And come on, little taurus!! Turn around now!

Comment

isnt a C-section delivery easier......

Comment

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pre...699:17581:7666

Okay I found this site. I hope things work well for you.
                          The best loved by God are those that are rich, yet have the humility of the poor, and those that are poor and have the magnanimity of the rich.

Saadi Sherazi

Comment

Hey BV...Don;t worry everything will turn out fine Inshalla...Abt C section being easier well it seems easier for sure but it has little longer recovery time than normal birth procedure if all went well...which it will in ur case...inshalla. I just gave birth to my baby girl 2 weeks ago...i was scared in start but u know wht when time comes Allah Himmat Dayta hai...It in mom's nature that she finds the courage from inside...ofcourse with the will of God. Take me i had normal delivery but for certain reasons my recovery is taking longer than C-section...wht i 'm trying to say is that dun't worry ur swelf much just relax and let the nature takes it course and listen to ur doctor ...more u'll ask around ...more differnt answers and opinions u;ll hear...and u;l get confuse and worried. If you are a person who like to read wht will happen next than go to baby centre web site. U'll Know.

Rest things will turn out fine...Inshalla...Baby will Inshalla take right position...if not than c-Section is not bad just it requires more rest after delivery.

TC...
                            Chill...As I Will.....:)

Comment

Working...
                            X