Contact Lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact Lenses

I wear contact lenses and you are told by ur optician that you should daily rinse them, clean them and change the solution etc.

How many of you guys follow the above procedure? I do it once a week and if I can be bothered perhaps twice! I know its not good but im just being very lazy and I love it!
    Now Scoot!

Re: Contact Lenses

not me

i'll take 'em out and put them in the case..no rubbing. it's bad, i know..
    and every other day i'll change the solution instead of everyday..

i keep promosing myself i'll change and clean 'em everyday ..but ..ah well..

but once a week is not good.. you ought to change the solution every other day at least..

Comment

haha why is everyone so lazy.. yeah if u don't your eyesight will get weaker, trust me i know
      Khudi koh kar buland itna, Kay har takdeer say pehlay, Khuda banday seh khud puchaay... bataaaa... teri raaza kya hay ?!? - ALLAMA IQBAL

Comment

Originally posted by Sayonee
        haha why is everyone so lazy.. yeah if u don't your eyesight will get weaker, trust me i know
        oh man...now i shall start...
        Now Scoot!

Comment

i got mine............puting them in is hard...taking them out is no big deal...i wash mine everyday
          Åchi ßachi Çlub- Director of Progressive Elements & The Club

( (R)·:*:·If u cånnot bê thê poêt, bê thê poêm·:*:·(R)

Comment

anyone wear the contact lenses past their expiry date?
            like you're supposed to wear 'em for two weeks, but you wear 'em for 1 month instead? hahah..that's is sooo bad..

Comment

omg, i have got colored contact lenses. Wore um once and they are still like that. Havent changed their water or even washed um for about a month now

i think i will buy new ones now if ever felt like putting on
              talmodighet av en saint. Sinnet til en synder

Comment

^ my gosh mm...that's no good.

and i thought I was bad!

Comment

oh crap, i wear those wayyyy past the xpiry date, like 2, 3, 4 months! I dont think ure sposed to wash em every single day if ure not wearing em.. only the lenses I wear, i refill the case.. the other day i took all my pairs and washed out the cases, n put them all in fresh solution, even tho i havent worn any of em..

ne of u wear em overnight?
                  The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

I have a pair that could be worn overnight, but my eyes get really tired by the end of the day...so I end up taking them out. I've yet to sleep with them.

You shouldn't wear your contacts past the expiry date. I've done that a few times, and ended up with an infection in my eye.
                    said CareBear

Comment

But what if u dont wear them every single day? I have a pair that I wore only 4 times this yr.. one box costs $50, n u hav to replace it every six weeks.. thats pretty xpensive, cant afford that
                      The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

i wear my 1-mth disposable lenses for upto 3-6 mths!!!! i know tats really badddd.
                        so far so good, havent had any problem and i hope tat it remains so.
                        and i dun bother washing or changing the solution everyday either.
                        on top of tat i use surma in my eyes hehe.... while my lenses are in!
                        eyesight still at 250degrees for da past 12 yrs
                        The world is facing some of it's biggest problems. Ever.
                        This is the most exciting time you could have hoped to be alive. So whatever you do, don't be bored.

Comment

Sara, that's what I thought. I don't wear it regularly, maybe I could get away with keeping it for longer than a month. But my optometrist told me otherwise. You're supposed to throw out your contacts 30 days after you've opened them, whether you've worn them once or 30 times. I know...it sucks. :-\ Why don't you get weekly or daily lenses?
                          said CareBear

Comment

You all should definitely clean your lenses every single day! That's really gross if you don't. They have so many one-step solutions on the market and it only takes a minute to do it. The dirtier your lenses are, the more likely you will get eye infections or a condition that affects your vision. Also, if you can clean your teeth everyday, why not the thing that touches your eye? Eyes can't be replaced, people.

Comment

Originally posted by musicmaniac
                              omg, i have got colored contact lenses. Wore um once and they are still like that. Havent changed their water or even washed um for about a month now

i think i will buy new ones now if ever felt like putting on
                              MM, I wouldnt recommend wearing them anymore and as you say, would purchase new ones!
                              Not cleaning your contact lenses for a certain period of time and wearing them can cause infections...and believe me matey, it aint a nice feeling!
                              Now Scoot!

Comment

Working...
                              X