The Evolution of Mom-in-laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Evolution of Mom-in-laws

Is there a significant difference in MILs now? I've seen DILs and MILs behaving like friends nowadays, so diff from da time of our moms!!
    Wats da sweetest thing u or someone u know hav done for ur MIL? And vice versa
    The world is facing some of it's biggest problems. Ever.
    This is the most exciting time you could have hoped to be alive. So whatever you do, don't be bored.

Re: The Evolution of Mom-in-laws

dont have a MIL yet,cant ever be a DIL.
    All of us have convinced ourselves that our way is the best way, our logic is the perfect logic and those who do not conform to our thinking must be criticized and steered to the right direction, our direction .............. therefore Gupshup exists.

Comment

Yeah actually I didn't think it was so unusual because I don't know any different, but my mil and I get along very well. I always believe that you need to respect elders but then there's also a level of casual friendship to our relationship.

Comment

^^ I agree with you saimanyc
        God is love, God is peace!
        Love can never beget hatred,
        and peace can never lead to war.

Comment

My MIL thinks i'm an adultress
          "Girls you've got to know when it's time to turn the page, when you're only wet because of the rain"

Comment

tat bad???
            The world is facing some of it's biggest problems. Ever.
            This is the most exciting time you could have hoped to be alive. So whatever you do, don't be bored.

Comment

SolarOceans

I was not at good relations with my MIL till we moved out of joint family. Now we are good. Not that I didnt respect her, but there were things I couldnt understand myself.
              The best loved by God are those that are rich, yet have the humility of the poor, and those that are poor and have the magnanimity of the rich.

Saadi Sherazi

Comment

thanks guys

but it's okay. She's schizophrenic so . . . yeah. she thinks everyone is bad. If you went to her house, she'd think you were the cia coming to spy on her.

I feel really bad for her. She was really sweet when I first met her but back then she was doing better. . .

who knows, maybe she'll get better one day God-Willing.

Then I can complain about her like a normal daughter in law
                "Girls you've got to know when it's time to turn the page, when you're only wet because of the rain"

Comment

my mother-in-law is always very nice and caring toward me. she hates the term "saas" bc she feels it has bad associations.

she has very particular ways of doing things and she's a great cook and takes great care of a house, so sometimes i feel inadequate by comparison, but that's more me imposing that upon myself, i think.

Comment

Originally posted by SolarOceans

thanks guys

but it's okay. She's schizophrenic so . . . yeah. she thinks everyone is bad. If you went to her house, she'd think you were the cia coming to spy on her.

I feel really bad for her. She was really sweet when I first met her but back then she was doing better. . .

who knows, maybe she'll get better one day God-Willing.

Then I can complain about her like a normal daughter in law
                    is she really schizo? i dont have a MIL but ive personally dealt with someone close to me that was. You just have to deal with it and always remind yourself...she is the way she is beacuse that was the will of Allah. Its no fault of her own. if you ever need to talk about it my pm is always open.

Comment

I can't thank Allah enough for I've never seen evil types of MILs or DILs myself.....My MIL is a really sweet person n I've heard her saying the same about her MIL so can't say its evolution or anything. Ther can be some points where you have different opinions but disagreeing doesn't necessarily mean fighting etc. I can always disagree but with respect.

Comment

i think it depends on how your MIL was treated by her MIL. if they didn't have the greatest of relationships, then somehow it kinda passes on. like she's taking it out on the DIL, now that she's the MIL..

make any sense?

Comment

Here's a guy's perspective...

My mother in law is really easy to speak with.
                          Most importantly than anything else I love the
                          fact that she isn't the least bit judgmental. She has that
                          'motherly' aura around her that makes me
                          more comfortable with her than even with my
                          own mom. And not to forget she's a bank of
                          great advice. I just love the fact that the
                          space around her is so big....she has so much
                          room in her heart for her daughter that she
                          loves everything associated with that daughter.
                          It's better to stay quite and give the impression that you're stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Aalhan
                            Here's a guy's perspective...

My mother in law is really easy to speak with.
                            Most importantly than anything else I love the
                            fact that she isn't the least bit judgmental. She has that
                            'motherly' aura around her that makes me
                            more comfortable with her than even with my
                            own mom. And not to forget she's a bank of
                            great advice. I just love the fact that the
                            space around her is so big....she has so much
                            room in her heart for her daughter that she
                            loves everything associated with that daughter.
                            aww so sweet. inshallah i hope that my husband (whenever i get one) will feel the same way about my mother.

Comment

Originally posted by AnGeL EyEs
                              is she really schizo? i dont have a MIL but ive personally dealt with someone close to me that was. You just have to deal with it and always remind yourself...she is the way she is beacuse that was the will of Allah. Its no fault of her own. if you ever need to talk about it my pm is always open.
                              awwe, thanks.

yeah, she really is schizo. she was diagnosed around age thirty i think. She has her good days, her okay days, and her really bad days. . .

Comment

Working...
                              X