Stretch Marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stretch Marks

... can they be prevented? I'm in my 29 week and luckilly dont have them yet... was just wondering if they can be prevented... by creams/ drinking alot maybe

Re: Stretch Marks

cocoa butter (or was it shea butter?) lotion ....this is to prevent them. u gotta use it everyday.
    "Are you Laiiiiike .....Chaaicking me Aoout?"

Comment

Cocoa butter is great for this, but you do have to use it all the time. Also mederma helps fade the ones that you do get, but you need to wait a bit to use it.

Comment

where are shea and cocoa butter available?? Any good brands u know....

Comment

My sister used palmers cocoa butter- it worked pretty well and she smelt like chocolate most of the time
          Zara phir say kehna-

Comment

yeah palmers sells it at duane reade (any local drugstore....rite aid/CVS etc)
            "Are you Laiiiiike .....Chaaicking me Aoout?"

Comment

cocoa butter is the best use it regularly it will help.

Comment

how much does cocoa butter cost and is it available in chemists/ local superstores?

Comment

In Islamabad, Yes its available. Go to Shaheen drug store in Super Market.
                  The best loved by God are those that are rich, yet have the humility of the poor, and those that are poor and have the magnanimity of the rich.

Saadi Sherazi

Comment

If you do happen to get stretch marks, use Mederma shortly after giving birth. It really does help in reducing them.

Comment

Wasn't Strivectin-D originally for stretchmarks and now it's used for facial wrinkles? But that's for existing stretchmarks. In terms of prevention I think genetics have a greater affect than anything else.

Comment

i read an article written by a dermatologist..she said that creams dont help in reducing or preventing stretch marks. Stretch marks are mainly hereditary. If your mom has them then most likely you will have them as well. The best way to reduce the marks are getting laser treatment. Stretch marks get lighter naturally as the years go by ..it's not because of the creams (from what the Dr said).

Comment

All creams are easily available where do you live abroad or Pakiland?

Comment

Originally posted by AnGeL EyEs
                            i read an article written by a dermatologist..she said that creams dont help in reducing or preventing stretch marks. Stretch marks are mainly hereditary. If your mom has them then most likely you will have them as well. The best way to reduce the marks are getting laser treatment. Stretch marks get lighter naturally as the years go by ..it's not because of the creams (from what the Dr said).
                            thats true thats wat my dermo said too
                            Q. What do you get from a pampered cow?
                            A. Spoiled milk.

Comment

try almond or pure vitamin E oil.
                              I'm sweet like honey, but sting like a bee!

It is better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not...

Comment

Working...
                              X