Can we please have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we please have

some positive and successful wedding and/or engagement stories?

This place has start to become really depressing. All that seems to be going on here is negativity about marriages, relationships, and a lot of gender bashing.

So lets have some positive (and true) stories, if there are any.

Re: Can we please have

hmm successful engagement stories..

i duno what my story is but its going great so far, Alhamdulillah...
    happy happy happy... happy happy happy

Comment

^ I purposely threw in engagement stories keeping you in mind.

Comment

^ hahaha... thats sweet

i think there are a few other guppies on here with successful engagement stories. I think most of them are prob being nikkahfied these days... ive still got another few months to go though

Comment

^ lets have yours. ie. how you got to know him, engagement, etc.

That is only if you feel comfortable sharing, else it's all good.

Wish you all the best, insha'Allah.

Comment

umm umm.. well we were speaking on the phone for awhile (several weeks) and then we met.. and things started rollign from there

i think communication is the key... best way of getting to know someone

Comment

so it wasn't arranged?

Comment

ummm it was... but it wasnt. Like we got introduced to one another.. so yeap, it started off as arranged, but our families wanted us to talk to one another first and yeap decide for ourselves

Comment

:biggthumb

Comment

hehe.. now im feeling shy

someone else can contribute

Comment

Sadiyah...

In the real world, there are many and-they-lived-happily-ever-afters, but so are instances of where the evil stepmother, the tyrant and the wolf, win...

It is not in our hands...All we can do, is make Dua, and try to make sure from our side, that our decisions are not hasty...

The rest is upto the Almighty...
                      Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                      ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

^ i dont agree. It is in our hands to make life easier and simpler. To say its all upto Allah Mian is a bit i dunno.. naive and silly.. I dunno

Comment

Wasn't talking about after marriage sadzzz...

I meant before...

My sister once got a proposal from somewhere...At that time, my sister had a green card...My older brother-in-law said they were after the green card...My father and mother refused saying such a nice family wouldn't do such a thing...

We did our part by checking the family out, we went to their house, they brought out a whole laminated Shijra-e-Nasab going all the way to Hz. Siddq Akbar ...Great family, good looking guy, great background and all...

So, after awhile upon the insistence of my elder BIL, we told the family that the green card had 'expired', just to check their reaction...(At the time our green cards were made, they didn't have an expiration date...)

That was the last we heard of them...

What I am trying to say is, we did our part, but in the end, it was Allah :swt: who opened them up...My BIL's ploy didn't hurt either...
                          Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                          ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

sadzzz -- it is niave and silly of laja, but then he isn't married and still a relative child (relative to me laja, nearly everyone here is a child relative to me, lol) But if anyone can make marriage work that way, he would be the one.

It's work, hard work sometimes, but marriage (any relationship really, even the parent/child one) is work. You comprimise, you give something up, your partner gives something up and in the end you appreciate each other more. You thank God for the blessings and the trials becuse the bad times allow you to grow closer and to know each others strengths.

Marriage is what you both put into it. If you both want a sucessful marriage and are willing to work for it, it should happen.

I think I have bragged enough about mine. Just know that he is my other half, I don't know how I lived without him before I met him. But even with all the love we have, we still have to work at it.

Bedtime Good night all......
                            "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
                            Someday we gonna dance with those lions
                            Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Comment

saadiyah.....count me in for pleasent experiences .....Alhamdulillah!!

Comment

Working...
                              X