blow drying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blow drying

So how do you get ur hair to be as perfect as the ladies in teh salon do it? I've been going crazy trying to recreate that effect but to no avail. Instead of silky and sleek, it ends up frizzy and dried out. My hair is very oily, i have to wash it every other day or else it'll rot. So what techniques do u ppl hav ot share? Oh, and I'm planning on getting another haircut today
    The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Re: blow drying

It does take a lot of practice to get your hair looking as good as it does when the hairdressers do it and the best way to learn is to really watch them closely to see how they do it when you're next at the hairdressers (however tempting it is to bury your face in a magazine)

Rough dry your hair first untill its three quarters dry and then apply any styling products......there's no point in applying it to wringing wet hair as the water just dilutes the products (apart from products like heat protection spray which you would need to apply before using your hairdryer)

If you're trying to get your hair sleek and straight then work on your hair in sections, clipping the rest out of the way while you work on each section. Don't move onto the next sections untill the previous one is bone dry. If it's not totally dry then it will frizz and kink again. Use a nozzle on your hairdryer if you have one and point it downwards to get a sleek finish.

When you're finished with the blow drying then lightly run some serum over the ends and top layers of your hair and off you go.

Comment

^ what she said.
      A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

Sara - got2be glossy, I love it, my hair always frizzes and this stuff is awesome. A drop goes through all my hair and it is pretty long now, about halfway down my back (much longer than that pic taken last year). It is a silicone based product so there is no oily build-up and drying out and it leaves hair so sleek, shiny, and SOFT.

I don't towel dry at first because that tends to promote split ends and damage, a major factor in frizz and flyaways. I usually start halfway down my hair and apply to the ends then top of hair.

Try it, it is a little expensive, but lasts for so long, it is worth it I think.
        "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
        Someday we gonna dance with those lions
        Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Comment

dats a prob i was never able to solve. i do not know how to make my hair luk gud, thx god they are silky so i shampoo and let my hair loose in every party

Comment

Originally posted by Sara516
            So how do you get ur hair to be as perfect as the ladies in teh salon do it? I've been going crazy trying to recreate that effect but to no avail. Instead of silky and sleek, it ends up frizzy and dried out. My hair is very oily, i have to wash it every other day or else it'll rot. So what techniques do u ppl hav ot share? Oh, and I'm planning on getting another haircut today
            Oh my gosh tell me about it. Well first of all they use tons of products in ur hair....first u use gel number 1 then u start blow drying then u use gel number 2 and then gel number three for shine.....something like that.....I don't like using tons of gels in my hair so I don't buy their gels. But I know there are products out there that will help make ur hair shine and not be frizzy...just have to use that while blow drying ur hair. Also hair straightners r nice.....not everyday though.
            Tere naam humne kiya hai jeevan apna saara sanam
            Pyaar bahut karte hai tumse,
            Ishq hai tu hamaara sanam...

Comment

Naaa Pyaari, this chik used shampoo and conditioner and thas it... no product at all. I hate using conditioner though, I'm considering trying it out jus to c if it works....
              The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

i never blow them dry anymore. they are too damaged and sensitive to take all that fake heat.

dont pull them alot (when tieing up). i just put them together in a clip losely. pulling (even while blow drying) damages hair. similarly do not comb alot. if you have to, use a wide toothed brush. keep them clean. use a good shampoo which suits your hair. but do not stick to a single shampoo. try different which would offer different vitamins to the hair. but use good ones only. else you'd spoil your hair.

wash off all the shampoo thoroughly. dont let the remains stay in the hair which may happen during a quick hair wash. also try not using leave-in conditioners. always wash off the shapmoo/conditioners
                Wonder this time where she's gone,wonder if she's gone to stay
                Ain't no sunshine when she's gone,and this house just ain't no home
                anytime she goes away.

Comment

sara
                  u have to start using conditioners.

Comment

MinahPa -- where to get this product?

Ladies, any views/tips on getting hair permed --wavy? I'm tired of the long, straight, (and to an extent, frizzy) hair.

Comment

any drug store in America and I misspelled it, sorry

It is got2b glossy

here's a pic:http://mp.hairboutique.com/search.as...s=got2b+glossy
                      "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
                      Someday we gonna dance with those lions
                      Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Comment

I just bought Garnier Fructis sleek and shine fortifying deep conditioner.... the Garnier fructis products are good for me, and it says to leave it on 3 minutes, but since my hair isn't that dry or damaged, I think 1 would be enough. I've tried Got2B products before and I like em I mite pick one up nxt time. Oh and I aslo bought this Conair Thermal ceramic round brush.... hopefully these will help... I mite post the results

Comment

yea i have the same darn problem, i even got the stuff she used on me last time and paid so friggin much but it doesn't work

anyways today i went with my friend to get her hair straightened and she has curly long hair unlike my wavy ones. anyways the lady first blow dryed them and then used a hot iron. so im probably gonna try that next time, iono
                          Verily my happiness is my iman,
                          and verily my iman is in my heart,
                          and verily my heart does not belong to anyone but Allah(swt).

Comment

I think a hot iron would bet oo much for ur hair... mines is wavy too, not curly at all, but not sleek n strait like I want it... I think u shud jus stick to one, blow dry or hot iron.... I would personally go for hot iron coz I think it's easier.... blow drying is too complicated, u need liek 4 hands to do it

Comment

i dono dude but her hair looked really straight and nice. but yea blow drying takes too long and mine end up being puffy and frizzy instead of straight and silky

but u kno the odd thing is, the next day after i blow dry them they look awesome eventhough it's too late then
                              Verily my happiness is my iman,
                              and verily my iman is in my heart,
                              and verily my heart does not belong to anyone but Allah(swt).

Comment

Working...
                              X