departures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

departures

People never change. they're bound by the person they've been shaped into over time, and they stay the same. no matter how many grand visions of a better, more meaningful life you have, after a certain age you really "change" maybe twice or thrice in your life, minor variations notwithstanding. baqi all that thought you invest into how you can fix things so that you're not this screwball anymore, they're just assurances for yourself as to how things could be better if you acted differently. placations for your disgusted self belief, that ego of yours that asks how could this happen to ME? but you wont. you'll stay the same. you'll be yourself again in about five days from now, and the same siht will stay around you.

even if you see yourself completely and can rationalize each facet of your behavior, the sad thing is that you're going to return to that same person once you're done rationalizing everything. once you're done with your introspection, you will have to come back to being you again, and being all that you've seen in yourself. you might suppress certain negatives for a little while, but slowly, you'll come back again, you'll be you again, you'll be everything you hate again.

you'll stay this powerless, regretful, sorry sorry person, and theres nothing you can do about it. free will indeed. so much for individuality, the more i think about it the less my wonder becomes in Allah knowing the future of every human soul. i can see my own cosy little rut very clearly right about now.
    Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Re: departures

see for example, i can see myself requesting a delete for this thread in around 2 or 3 hours when i'd be ashamed of acting up.

ahole.

Comment

Raza, that is not true at all. In fact that is very untrue. You never stay stagnant, or else we would remain children forever. We change with experiance, even sitting on your arss doing nothing is an experiance - and it does change you, my exmaple - changing you for the lazier etc, but you cannot say you are unchanged for it.
      rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

In one sentence whats the issue that is eating you up?
        Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

There is obviously somthing about him that he he has tried to change half-heartedly and hasnt managed to, and thus is presuming that the ability to change through whatever means, introspect etc is futile as change is impossible (or something of the sort).

My argument therein was that we are all changing, wheither you try or not - you are a ever shifting being never the same in two points in time.
          rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

The same person - only better. Its always possible ravage.
            "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

i was speaking in broader terms, not about minor variations in habits over time, but other patterns in your behavior that've become you. people get emotional about those problems stemming from who they are, they seek comfort from friends, think about solutions, then never fix anything.

ok i'll drop the pretence since nobody is buying it, i mean me when i say people.

Comment

Originally posted by ravage

you'll stay this powerless, regretful, sorry sorry person, and theres nothing you can do about it. free will indeed. so much for individuality, the more i think about it the less my wonder becomes in Allah knowing the future of every human soul. i can see my own cosy little rut very clearly right about now.
                bas kia karain......kuch log isai taqdeer kehtai hain....
                pathar ki zaban

Single. Of. Singles.

Comment

kuch loge kehtai hon gay. IMO this is the bed i made, not God directly.

Comment

meaning?.. free will indeed?
                    pathar ki zaban

Single. Of. Singles.

Comment

after a certain time what you've become outweighs what you can become, the bracket of your freedom gets shorter and shorter and after a certain period of time you're a a finished product, with very little room for change.

uptil that point its all you.

Comment

and after that?...taqdeer?....ya phir koi aur hi chiz?
                        pathar ki zaban

Single. Of. Singles.

Comment

whatever you want to call it

Comment

Working...
                          X