Desis and marriages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desis and marriages

Why do most desis consider marriage to be a magical thing? I am sure it has its perks but it should not be one's ultimate goal in life.

Re: Desis and marriages

How does that song go - Jamse dekha hai tujhe sanam, dil hota hai something something sanam. *PCG dances in field of sunflowers with shah rukh khan look alike in leather jacket following*
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by *humi*
      Why do most desis consider marriage to be a magical thing? I am sure it has its perks but it should not be one's ultimate goal in life.
      too much bollywood, builds up their expectations?

lol @ PCG, looking great among the sunflowers

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia
        How does that song go - Jamse dekha hai tujhe sanam, dil hota hai something something sanam. *PCG dances in field of sunflowers with shah rukh khan look alike in leather jacket following*
        You sure its not pleather?

Comment

was that what it was?

Oh! its "tujhe dekha tho ye jana sanam"

Comment

yeah... every relationship has its perks. Plus, lil tiffs here and there make u closer...
            happy happy happy... happy happy happy

Comment

I think its one of the few colorful social functions in our society, so its a focus of attention. Otherwise, I'm sure people have goals in their lives. Its just that no one really cares.

But give 'em a colorful wedding to go to, and then people do care. The girls get to dress up. The guys get to eat free and watch the girls dressed up. Everyone goes home happy after the show.

Personally, I go to check out the groom's friends.

Comment

^ hehe... the last bit cracked me up

weddings are special though.

but hmm marriages in bollywood movies are never shown to be magical or dreamy neways.. not that i recall. They all have their jhagre (i can recommend a few good ones even PCG may approve of)
                happy happy happy... happy happy happy

Comment

It is true that alot, infact most girls consider marriage to be their goal in life, and if possible... the earlier the luckier!! I think that it's due to their upbringing also... the moment she sees daylight she's told that she's only a guest at her parents home... hearing that all her life she starts wondering what her "apna ghar" will be like.... the home that she'll be able to call her "own" and where she wont be considered 2 be a guest anymore!
                  I'm sweet like honey, but sting like a bee!

It is better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not...

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia
                    was that what it was?

Oh! its "tujhe dekha tho ye jana sanam"
                    Pyaar hota hai dewwaaaaaaaaaaaana sanam

KITHNI bhooooooooooooolo hai tu, kitni nahhhhhhdaan hai, dil ke bahton sai anjaaaan haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Hai allah

*dances with PCG *
                    rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

^ lol, I love that song.

*joins in on the dancing*
                      Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

why is it that..PAKISTANI parents alwayz look for their son/daughters marriage partner's within cousins first..and then they loook outside? why is like that? most indian ppl i know..dont do that! is it better to get married in family then outside?
                        Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm. Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Furqan
                          why is it that..PAKISTANI parents alwayz look for their son/daughters marriage partner's within cousins first..and then they loook outside? why is like that? most indian ppl i know..dont do that! is it better to get married in family then outside?

Furqan bhai, there are many reasons for that.. when *most* desi parents look for a bahu for their son.. they are actually looking for someone who can take care of them.. ie.. MIL looks for bahu that can takecare of her and then (if possible) her beta..

this is a screwed concept.. nothing wrong with marrying within family.. if one wishes to do this its great but if one wishes to get married outside the family then, parents should accept that...

also, i think parents should also talk to their children when they see/know that he/she might be interested in someone rather than leaving the topic and hoping that its just a phase and they will get over it and marry the one THEY choose.. sigh.. i wish i could say this isn't true for my parents.. but yeah that's their strategy.. leave and ignore until either i brust up or i give up..

any solutions to this problem?
                          mujh sey khushiaan ley gaya aur degya kagaz kay phoool
                          abb meray ghar mein paray hain jabaja kagaz kay phoool

Comment

but thats wronggggggggggggg...i hate it when desi parents have small mentality like dat...like damm..expand ur khandan..not keep it closed off lol....i dont think i can ever marry my cousin..i look at them like my sisters....i dont think i could marry them...thats wrong!
                            Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm. Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount.

Comment

Furquan, please don't, go dance in the flowers with the ladies, today seems to be a happy day for some reason

*doesn't care what the song is, anything involving Shahruk Khan has her dancing*
                              "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
                              Someday we gonna dance with those lions
                              Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Comment

Working...
                              X