Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to reach out to cousins

Never mind.
    Last edited by SarahSplendor; May 28, 2005, 02:37 PM.

Re: Trying to reach out to cousins

It must be hard to see all of this, but look at from their point of view too. maybe they're embarrassed, because all they can do is ask for help, never give in return. this is a very hard thing to do. makes you sad and depressed. and depressed people want to stay away from others. even if its family. it sounds to me like this is the case with them, they need even more love and understanding, they need to be able to get out on their own.

Comment

You're right Mama. I have always known that that was true of them. I just thought that now that I was making the effort to get to know them, things might be a little different.

Comment

Bring back ur other signature i don't like this one :yukh:

Not sure wat the topic is since u edited before i cud read it, but i don't like my cousins' much...they don't miss any opportunity to point out what's "wrong" like..my hair is frizzy or i dunno how to blow dry.... i don't know how to dress.... her school si better than my school coz hers is SUNY and mines is CUNY (state/ city univ of ny).... i don't know how to do makeup , i'm fat, i have pimples blah blah blah... and they do it so nicely like "i've known u all ur life, im only telling u this for ur own good" blah freakin blah
        The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

^^ yeh can u unedited this thread ......coz i wanna knw wat it was abt..........plzzzzzz
          "Anything U can DO.....I CAN DO BETTER...."

Comment

Maybe when they meet you and your family they start looking at themselves from your eyes...You know that cheap image that you have of them because they've always asked for money from your dad. They see it too when your family is around and maybe that's why they are too embarrassed to think of anything else when they meet you.

Comment

I resent that, CA. I don't think of anyone less because they don't have money or because someone is supporting them when they are unable to support themselves. My basis for seeing them negatively was based on their attitude. I don't have a "cheap image" of them.

Comment

Working...
              X