rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rings

would u care what engagement/wedding ring u get from ur fiance..i mean does it like HAVE to be a least 1 carat, or does it have to be from a certain store..or do u not care, and would take whatever hes giving u
    we're after the same rainbows end

Re: rings

I don't like diamonds, so with my engagement ring, I got a saphire, basic and in an antique gold setting.

Figured it was my engagement and wedding, I would like to get something I like, to heck with tradition.
    "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
    Someday we gonna dance with those lions
    Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Comment

yeh exactly. so what if he has to spend a little extra money for something the girl really likes. its a once in a lifetime thing. how much did that ring cost? was it custom made?

Comment

Originally posted by Aishaaa2.1
        would u care what engagement/wedding ring u get from ur fiance..i mean does it like HAVE to be a least 1 carat, or does it have to be from a certain store..or do u not care, and would take whatever hes giving u
        do men get engagement rings? if so, what do they like/prefer?

I don't think size of the ring matters. I wouldn't particularly care about where it's from. I would take whatever I get ... as long as it's not princess cut or pear shaped.
        Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

well i don't even have a fiance but if i did, i won't care what kinda ring he gets, as long as he picks it himself but if he loves me he'll make sure I like it
          main nay apnay iradoon ke shikasat say khuda ko pehchana hai (hazrat Ali)

Comment

lol u dont like princess? its not that popular anymore, actually. i think the size matters

yeh they do..a platinum band or something like that

Originally posted by MehnazQ

I don't think size of the ring matters. I wouldn't particularly care about where it's from. I would take whatever I get ... as long as it's not princess cut or pear shaped.

Comment

aishaa - I'm an easy to please gal, it was not custom made and I don't discuss how much personal things cost, it devalues the item that way. The ring is priceless because it was his gift to me.

Comment

the best kinda rings are those plastic ones that your beloved spends hours and hours winning at the funfair...its costs about 50p and if you lose it, he goes backs to the funfair and tries to win another one. Gets him outta your way for a good few hours if u keep losing it...perfection and oh so sentimental

but seriously do men actually wear rings?
                I understand, I just don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by MehnazQ
                  Yes and it's called bands. Wedding/Engagement bands.

I don't really care about the price or store. I only care about 2 things:

1. Shouldn't be gold as men are not allowed to wear gold. Can be silver or platinum.
                  2. I don't like round things. Ofcourse a band is round but the width should be straight, not circular

EDIT: I think I should put a thousand words for a better understanding. See how it's not curving on the edges and it's straight.

[thumb=H]114700_8237860.JPG[/thumb]
                  Last edited by Shikra; May 26, 2005, 09:45 AM.
                  ...I know that which you do not know. (Quran - 1:30)...... Which then of the bounties of your Lord will you deny?...(Quran - 55:13)...
                  Shikra was here.

Comment

Haha. If he has the guts to agree to marry me, wohi kaafi hai. He could give me a fruit-loop for a ring for all I care.
                    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

^ hahaha
                      reminds me of the time me and this boy at school got married via the exchange of ribeena ring pulls when i was 7...needless to say my mother chucked it in the bin and thus i was unmarried again

Comment

^ M_M - since no one said I divorce you, does it still, count

PCG - be careful what you wish for, lol

Comment

i dont know minah...our marriage was based purely on the ribeena ring pulls...we hardly ever spoke, he was Irish and i couldnt understand a word he said to me, but he had nice eyes and no one else spoke to him, i was his best friend, in fact his only friend so naturally i became his wife

Comment

First time around, I was 22 with no job... I offered her two options - a diamond ring or Hawaii. She picked the Aloha State.

Comment

M_M - Irish? I'm in shock Shoulda kept him, the Irish are the salt of the earth, lol, tolerant to boot

Comment

Working...
                              X