Would you get plastic surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you get plastic surgery?

It's so ordinary these days for a person to have had something done. It used to be nose jobs and lipo now it's implants and botox that are popular procedures. I saw this show on MTV called "I Want a Famous Face." Young people are getting work done to resemble their favorite celebrities like Britney Spears and Carmen Electra. I understand somebody having surgery if they have a deformity or something like a huge nose that bothers them. But it seems like people have taken surgery too far. Are people who get surgery becoming clones of eachother or are they justified in wanting to 'look better'?

Re: Would you get plastic surgery?

Oh i've seen taht show.. it's disgusting... i can't believe this is what society has advanced to.. :yukh: right now im fine withmy looks, and i wudn wanna change anything ever... but u know if i have kids and my boobs r down to my stomach or loose saggy skin all over, i mite get surgery if hubby's okay with it... dunno really...
    The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

^
      |
      | Okaaay... TMI
      Khudi koh kar buland itna, Kay har takdeer say pehlay, Khuda banday seh khud puchaay... bataaaa... teri raaza kya hay ?!? - ALLAMA IQBAL

Comment

Yes I would.

I would have:

My nose redone, lipo, my thigh resculpted or whatever, a boob job my legs lenghtened, ive heard they can do that, arm replacements and resculpt my ass.
        rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

I have had major issues with a lot of different parts of me ... everything from my weight to my nose to my legs .... the list is neverending really. It was a lot worse when I was younger and less confident. I begged my parents to let me have plastic surgery done and they said 'no' and thank goodness for that. I've learned to accept myself as I am ... for the most part. Plastic surgery is a quick/easy fix but it won't help your self-esteem in the long run .... assuming that's the whole reason for getting it done in the first place.
          Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

For most people looks are certainly a big factor in thier level of self esteem and confidence.

Comment

But, but you;re already so cute Mehnaz! Good thing they didn;t let you go ahead with it. That would have been too much competition

Comment

Femme, they say I can do it now if I want, cause I'm old enough to make a mature decision .... but I won't do it.

Khair, I know I would get slaps if I really did go through with it.
                Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Femme, what about you are u cute too?
                  So our life
                  is a drop of dew -- and yet
                  And yet...

Comment

its a wondrous thing to be able to accept yourself as you are! Theres entirely too much plastic surgery going on these days. We know one guy who's had so much that he looks like a walking corpse. Look at Joan Rivers, her face is so tight it looks like it would crack open if she had a good yawn. Michael Jackson, whatta freakshow. If you arent happy within yourself, the surgeries become addictive.

That aside, I'd not mind a little correction for myself! 5 pregnancies, all in quick succession, have turned my tummy into its own little horror show. I'd not turn down the opportunity of a tummy tuck.

Comment

I would definitely have lots done if I had the money.

Comment

I wouldn't mind having a couple things altered, but when i think about it, I couldn't live with myself knowing I had plastic surgery. It just seems really vain to me. I'd much rather accept some flaws or work really hard to fix them myself than resort to being cut open. The problem I see with surgery is more and more young people are getting it done impulsively. A few years ago kids were getting tatoos and piercings left and right. Then they regret it later on. But you can always take out a nipple ring or laser off the name of your ex-boyfriend from your left butt cheek. With plastic surgery there's no going back. I don't think my nose is perfect. Ok, so I should just accept myself. When I look at my face, I see my dad's face, a little of my mom's face. If I got surgery, who would I be? It's pathetic that somebody actually wants to look in the mirror and see Britney Spears.

Comment

Nope I wouldn't. By the way i've seen that show as well, most of the times the girl's are doing the surgery to be in Playboy.

Comment

Femme, is tarah baat kaisay agay baRhe gi? koee baat to karo please

Belle, hi
                            So our life
                            is a drop of dew -- and yet
                            And yet...

Comment

Originally posted by saimanyc
                              It's so ordinary these days for a person to have had something done. It used to be nose jobs and lipo now it's implants and botox that are popular procedures. I saw this show on MTV called "I Want a Famous Face." Young people are getting work done to resemble their favorite celebrities like Britney Spears and Carmen Electra. I understand somebody having surgery if they have a deformity or something like a huge nose that bothers them. But it seems like people have taken surgery too far. Are people who get surgery becoming clones of eachother or are they justified in wanting to 'look better'?
                              That's so sick that you want look like a famous star that u gonna
                              do a face job/lift. Pplz are not happy what they have.
                              Ya Nabi Salaam Alaika Ya Rasool Salaam Alaika Ya Habib Salaam Alaika.

Comment

Working...
                              X