Clutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutter

Ack, the bain of my life. We are SO blessed to have loving family and friends but alas our house is not that big, we have 3 babies and everyone everyone gives gives gives. As a result, we're bursting at the seams, the boys dont really know how to play with a specific toy (there are so very many toys that they just end up throwing em all around). I spent a week of hell with my parents getting stuff together and held a garage sale, thought we'd make enough to have a vacation, maybe buy new sofa for den and - most of all - de-clutter the dam house!! Well, we covered our advertising costs and sold a couple of junkie things. Cry cry. When a parent tells you that the kid doesnt need more toys, they really arent being mean. It gets overwhelming for them to see piles and piles of toys. I feel bad complaiining about this, i mean we are over-blessed which is really not something to complain about! But i cant keep up with it. i called an e-company that will take stuff that they think they can sell (the big stuff like cribs and toddler beds) and the rest is going to donation. verizon needs his garage back and I need some sanity and order in the house!

Re: Clutter

handle it one at a time....inshallah u will get things straightened before u know it. Good Luck!
    Tere naam humne kiya hai jeevan apna saara sanam
    Pyaar bahut karte hai tumse,
    Ishq hai tu hamaara sanam...

Comment

Come have a look in my handbag!
      May your every wish be granted...
      Ancient chinese curse

Comment

No you should take a look at mamas handbag. I leave my house at 5:00am. And if I cant find my car key I know they are in her handbag. I refuse to go through the 1 gallon garbage bag. I wake her up and snap my manly fingers and tell her to go fishin for my keys.
        Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

And i hope she gives you a kick and tells you to go get'em your -self as she clicks her nicely manicured delicate fingers!
          May your every wish be granted...
          Ancient chinese curse

Comment

are mamaof3 and verizon really married?

Comment

^^ We did a mutaa on line here on GS, its about to expire, you want in?

Comment

^

Comment

larki - yes and some of us believe that Mo3 is one of the strongest women to deal with big verizon and all the mini-verizons he produced.

Here's what I think happens. Verizon gets up in the morning, washes, dresses, grabs a pop-tart, and can't find his keys. He tiptoes around the room looking for them, gingerly trying not to awaken his wife, since she is the one who will be running around all day. After looking everywhere and cursing himself out for once again losing the keys he goes into Mama's purse to steal her set while looking over his shoulder.

He opens the purse slowly and sees a post-it saying "Verizon Saab, you know better, you left the keys dangling in the ignition of the car, you noodge, I put them on the hook by the door where they belong".

Sheepishly he grabs his keys and slinks out to go to work giving praise to Allah for his wonderfully organized wife.

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
                  Someday we gonna dance with those lions
                  Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Comment

^^ Wanna bet. Mamaof3 prove Minah_pa wrong.

P.S I actually did that once. I went drinking while in college and borrowed my aunts car. The next morning she woke me up asking for keys and I was still totally drunk so I mumbled and went back to sleep, she came back 10 minutes later and told me that the keys were in the car and the car was still running in the driveway.

Comment

minah_pa > good one

Comment

Verizon - how is that proving me wrong? lol, nevermind Mama, we know now
                        "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
                        Someday we gonna dance with those lions
                        Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Comment

Don't worry Mama......I think clutter comes with the whole parenting territory.

[thumb=H]mess6888_6993749.JPG[/thumb]

Comment

^ And that is only Mr. Shaz, wait till you guys see Harris' room
                            So our life
                            is a drop of dew -- and yet
                            And yet...

Comment

Try multiplying that by 4, then add in grandparents who think that if each child needs their own "fill in the blank" toy, so they won't have to fight over it.

Comment

Working...
                              X