Home remedies for baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home remedies for baby

Most babies go through a period of crankiness, colic, gasiness, whatever you want to call it. I've been familiar with gripe water and mylecon drops as remedies you can purchase at the store. But my mother-in-law wanted me to use something she used for her kids. She boils water and adds 'sonf and laachi' - fennel seeds and green cardamom and puts it in a bottle. She claims this helps move all the gas out of the babies tummy and ease the pain. I used it for Safia and never felt it was a miracle concoction, just that the gas would eventually come out anyways. But does anyone think there is truth to this home remedy?

Re: Home remedies for baby

colic is painful for babies

yeah absolutely, it works..... tried and tested and my baby loved it!!!!!

exactly the same ingredients
    If u have nothing to do..........
    ...........then don't do it here!!

-unknown

Comment

During that period its very hard both on the baby and the mother.

Saima it wouldn't hurt to try.... mylicon drops didn't work with us at all instead they would make him more gassy. Although gripe water was great
      ~**~...A Dream is a wish your heart makes...~**~

Comment

i love gripe water...hm so tasty!!!
        If u have nothing to do..........
        ...........then don't do it here!!

-unknown

Comment

Gripe water works great on kids, i did tried sonf water on my first one but for some reason he will become conctepated with it , i ve heard alot about this reamody that it works.
          "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

Comment

If you can get "Aarq -e Shreen" (for childrens) from Rehmania or Qarshi Dawakhana it is more useful then gripewater and has much better effect then Alichi and Saunf water.
            There is always a moral in every story

Comment

Saimanyc: I was reading the book and it say pepermint oil is the best for gas.
              .It is for colic babiesI tried it for myself my heart burn is gone.

Comment

Peppermint oil, ok. I've never heard of that one before. Thank God Maya is not truly colicy. She does have some irritability before she poops. But I think that's just normal since the intestines haven't fully developed yet. I asked her pediatrician about gripe water and his opinion was that it doesn't truly do anything, but it helps parents feel like they're doing something to help their baby. But it can't do any harm, so why not try.

Another thing I do when Maya has tummy trouble is I lay her stomache down over my lap and i rub her back. This seems to relieve the pain immediately since lying on her back makes her scream. I also try to keep her tummy wrapped in a blanket to stay warm but let her legs move around. I massage her legs and move them around. This seems to help expel the gas. I think massage is a great way to help digestion and gasiness. Anybody else have any suggestions?

Comment

....umm what's a "colic" baby?
                  22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

Working...
                  X