Are men funnier than women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are men funnier than women?

I've never seen a female stand up comedian who's had me in fits of laughter, whereas I find my male friends doing that very often

Women usually even copy slangs of men, as well as their mannerisms and jokes and ultimately use them to their advantage

This bad boy be worth over $60m, for example
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Yes, men are generally funnier than women. But that does not mean all men are funnier than all women. Some women are incredibly funny as well.

There are intrinsic and extrinsic factors that determine how funny a person can be. Intrinsic factor is intelligence, you will never find a funny person who is dumb. They may be a bad student or might be struggling with something in life, but I have never seen a funny person who is plain and simple dumb. In fact several people who excel in their careers are privately incredibly funny. That is the reason why some people are asked to tell a joke in job interviews.

Now the extrinsic factor. I'm not funny myself, but have noticed that people who are funny actually got better at being funny with practice. For example, I may have heard thousands of jokes but can only remember the ones which I told someone else. The more number of times I told a particular joke, the better I got at telling it and the funnier it got. I'm not talking about practicing intentionally, rather about number of situations that were conducive for someone to go ahead and tell a particular joke. Now, how many opportunities men get to be in a non-judgmental environment compared to women in which they could try to be funny is no matter of debate, and hence opportunities to refine our funny inner selves is extremely limited for women.

Comment

Yes, men are funnier and have a better sense of humor.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Pakistan View Post
          Yes, men are funnier and have a better sense of humor.
          I remember you, I felt you'd be martyr by now for the cause of kashmir or pakistan

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
            Yes, men are generally funnier than women. But that does not mean all men are funnier than all women. Some women are incredibly funny as well.

There are intrinsic and extrinsic factors that determine how funny a person can be. Intrinsic factor is intelligence, you will never find a funny person who is dumb. They may be a bad student or might be struggling with something in life, but I have never seen a funny person who is plain and simple dumb. In fact several people who excel in their careers are privately incredibly funny. That is the reason why some people are asked to tell a joke in job interviews.

Now the extrinsic factor. I'm not funny myself, but have noticed that people who are funny actually got better at being funny with practice. For example, I may have heard thousands of jokes but can only remember the ones which I told someone else. The more number of times I told a particular joke, the better I got at telling it and the funnier it got. I'm not talking about practicing intentionally, rather about number of situations that were conducive for someone to go ahead and tell a particular joke. Now, how many opportunities men get to be in a non-judgmental environment compared to women in which they could try to be funny is no matter of debate, and hence opportunities to refine our funny inner selves is extremely limited for women.
            Name one standup comedian in the form of a woman?

Take Muzna for example, the woman can only be good at intimidating and scaring people, imagining her being funny is a complete scandal in itself

Comment

Men are usually funnier. You are not amongst them though. But yeah.
              Hi Frendzz! I am a multi of a multi of a multi of a multi of a multi!

Comment

^ I wouldn't ever dare try and be funny for you, let alone the fact the topic had anything to do with me

Perhaps, if you start being less clingy or less obsessed about whatever I write, I might give it a second thought

Comment

• The Last Straw
                  The Last Straw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bro..ya need to drop the kush fahmi that I have a crush on you. Maybe clinging to that notion makes you feel good about yourself...and you desperately need that self-validation, I dunnoo???

I only answered the question you put forth. Since people usually apply the more flattering generalizations about their gender to themselves too, I merely wanted to give a humbling reminder that exceptions to a generalization will always exist. Bass. Okay? Heppy New Year, khush rehne ki koshish karo.

• Exoduss
                  Exoduss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I kind of did help you in your quest here, avoid me and my existence and we shall be golden. Absolutely!

Originally posted by Exoduss View Post
                Name one standup comedian in the form of a woman?
                That question alone gives me the impression that you've been missing out on some quality standup. Here is one of my fav:

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post

That question alone gives me the impression that you've been missing out on some quality standup. Here is one of my fav:

I'd rather not say much, but I definitely respect your choice and with it your opinion

Comment

I cant really help but say, even Justin does better than the woman mentioned earlier. No offense intended

Comment

Working...
                    X