How to obtain a khula in NYC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to obtain a khula in NYC?

Does anyone know how to get a Khula in NYC? The girl was in an abusive relationship, she called the cops on her husband, he ran away to another city. She wants to get Khula as soon as possible, how can she get one?

I sympathize with the girl as there's no justification for abuse. But Bakray..dude...you seem to run into damsels in distress, or disturbed damsels.
    Hi Frendzz! I am a multi of a multi of a multi of a multi of a multi!

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure the NY law would be straight forward if her soon-to-be-ex doesn't create problems. For the Islamic law do not forget to get in writing from a reputed Islamic Center that khula is valid. If she feels physically threatened while she figures all that out, she can get restraining orders.

Comment

Never heard of any Khula law in US. if I'm not mistaken its a pure religious term.

This is a general divorce case where a plea has to be filed by one of the parties, in this case the girl. But it wont come that quickly. The whole divorce case process can be a long and painful journey specially if the spouse decides to give a hard time in letting go. (Its mostly due to monitory complication involved).

And for the safety i'm sure restraining order is the way to go. It'll keep her safe and may possibly be helping out in simplifying the divorce case.
        Attitude is more important than facts.
        "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by Bakra24 View Post
          Does anyone know how to get a Khula in NYC? The girl was in an abusive relationship, she called the cops on her husband, he ran away to another city. She wants to get Khula as soon as possible, how can she get one?
          https://atmateen.com/divorce-khula-p...as-pakistanis/

Comment

Working...
          X