Movie Makers & Photographers For Weddings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie Makers & Photographers For Weddings

Suppose you are sitting with your wife in the lounge watching tv and someone knocks at the door. You open the door and find a person with a camera in his hands. He asks you to serve him food and let him click a few pics of your wife or sister or mother lol. Would you allow him to do that ? The answer is NO. Right ? Then how come you allow these stupid na-mahram male photographers to click pics and movies of your women and family on weddings? Why do we allow things to happen on special occasions that are forbidden under normal circumstances? Is not it blatant shamelessness ?
    Last edited by Pakistani Prince; 3 weeks ago.

Every mileage varies. Whats forbidden for one is not so much for others.

btw. thats why female photographers are a hit these days.. In fact good photography shops are pairing up both female and males to get exclusive coverage. Smart choice. Win-win for everyone
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

I thought in pak you have to pay for the Movie Makers & Photographers , and usually free food to do the task

and they have to do it well as they have to keep the reputation so can get to more events

its different from someone in the public taking pic/video without pernission ,which seems to be getting common

just saying

Comment

• Pakistani Prince
        Pakistani Prince commented
        Editing a comment
        End result is same in both cases, your women getting clicked by a stranger!

I heard a comedian saying that nowadays we're under lot of pressure to look happy. He was preaching through comedy!

I arranged a bbq party sometime back and only later did I realized that some people were only interested in taking their pictures with the red hot coals. They would immediately post their pictures to Facebook, Snapchat, etc. to level the score with someone else. Other than that they had no interest in any thing that we were doing.

Just imagine how much pressure then people are under to be happy on their wedding. Those pictures are the proof they so desperately need. On the positive side, gone are the days when bride or groom used to be late, now they are doing photoshoots all ready and dressed up, hours before the first guests arrive.

Some of my Chinese colleagues spent a lot on wedding photography as well. Their pictures, dresses, and locations were like how it is in the movies. But now Chinese government has banned such extravagant spending on weddings.

Comment

• Pakistani Prince
        Pakistani Prince commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, the thirst to look cool and happy compel people to do weird stuff.

Originally posted by Pakistani Prince View Post
      Suppose you are sitting with your wife in the lounge watching tv and someone knocks at the door. You open the door and find a person with a camera in his hands. He asks you to serve him food and let him click a few pics of your wife or sister or mother lol. Would you allow him to do that ? The answer is NO. Right ? Then how come you allow these stupid na-mahram male photographers to click pics and movies of your women and family on weddings? Why do we allow things to happen on special occasions that are forbidden under normal circumstances? Is not it blatant shamelessness ?
      Except that as attendees you should be fully aware that photographers are going to be present at the event and choose between wanting to attend, or not. Besides, like other people here have pointed out, hosts can opt for women photographers if they practice segregation.

What you're talking about was the norm about 10, maybe 15 years ago. Not so much anymore.
      "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by a7mado View Post

Except that as attendees you should be fully aware that photographers are going to be present at the event and choose between wanting to attend, or not. Besides, like other people here have pointed out, hosts can opt for women photographers if they practice segregation.

What you're talking about was the norm about 10, maybe 15 years ago. Not so much anymore.
        I am sketching it from groom and wife's perspective. Of course attendees who don't like it have a choice to avoid coming infront of the camera. But what's this gider-singhiii where groom and bride gets clicked by a complete stranger? There is a famous photographer in Lahore who uploads small fb videos of the events and pre/post wedding shoots he does evey week. Man he shamelessly flirts with bride in front of the groom and zooms the camera in and out in such a way that it looks awkward. Here by flirt i mean sentences like app sharmaa qq rahe hain *laughter*, bohat payari lag rahe hain *laughter*. Yai apky gaal qq pink ho gaye hain *laughter* Then on the pretext of asking about the designer of the jewellery, he brings the camera quite close to the neck area lol and it does not look good.
        It seems as if Elite class of Pakistan has gone mad. So much money they inject into wedding functions, decoration of stage, lights, expensive designers and photographers and what not!
        Last edited by Pakistani Prince; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
        X