Parents Vs Spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents Vs Spouse

How would you feel if your spouse always prioritizes his parents’ happiness over yours? If your spouse always takes decisions which make parents happy, while ignoring your wishes and requests?

Betrayed. If a spouse can't keep a balance between their partner and parents, then he or she has no business being married. Unfortunately, this trait is far too common amongst desi millennials these days, thanks to being spoon-fed well into their young-adult life.
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Injustice is always wrong. But parents should be "grown up" themselves to realize that their son or daughter are married. My husband and I from the day 1 and have made mention to people around us that we are each other's priority. Yes, ppl didn't like it but heck with them. And that doesn't mean at all we disrespect and ignore people around us. I.e, in-laws. We do appreciate and take care of them other ways.

Comment

The concept of unconditional love is foreign to some, they dont mind destroying the lives of their own children to feed their greed and ego. I would rather kill myself than impose on anyone.

Comment

Let me guess that the OP is a jealous bahu...

Comment

The best of people is

the one who humbles himself

the more his or her rank increases.

Prophet Muhammad PBUH...
            Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Originally posted by SindSagar View Post
              The best of people is

the one who humbles himself

the more his or her rank increases.

Prophet Muhammad PBUH...
              As always, Sind bhai with his infinite wisdom! I wish more people on this forum were like you...
              "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

A little ability to bend can go a long way.
                A man has responsibilities towards his parents, spouse, children and siblings.
                A man should not keep anyone happy at the expense of other in return parents, spouses, children and siblings should not be unreasonable in their demands.
                The key to success is Sanu Ki

Comment

Working...
                X