Pashtun Wedding Dress and Pashtun Wedding Cuisine Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pashtun Wedding Dress and Pashtun Wedding Cuisine Recommendations

My Shaadi and Valima have finally been finalized and will take place in the next couple of months. Considering my wife and her family are proud pathans, i want to make the occasion as special as possible by tailoring my wedding dress and the dinner menu to their traditions and customs.

Would love fellow pasthun pakpassers to give their suggestions on the perfect wedding attire i can wear for the occasions which is consistent with a pashtun wedding.

I decided against wearing a suit or a sherwani for the shaadi. I believe most pashtuns wear a regular shalwar kameez, a waist coat, peshwari chapal and a touk as part of their customs.

As for the dishes i am also open to suggestions i.e. they are going to be full fledged high protein dishes like chicken karhai, chicken seekh kebabs, chapli kebabs, fish e.t.c.

If I go to a Peshawari wedding and the catering isn't by Nisar Charsi Tikka, I straight up refuse to eat.

All jokes aside, I will drive from Islamabad/Lahore to Peshawar, just to have lunch there, whenever I visit Pakistan. Highly recommend.

Congrats on getting married, though.
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Congratulations!

I think you are taking local customs way too serious lol. I mean go for a sherwani, an elegant dress for shadi and have a very high acceptability in all cultures.

Did you consult with your wife-tobe? She'll give you good suggestions and then whether you like or no, liv with it

Dishes is something you should totally check local caterers with. The ones you listed are quite legit as well.
      Attitude is more important than facts.
      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Go on youtube and type in the following: Zaid Ali Pathan

The video will give you pointers on how to dress as per Pathan culture and how to carry yourself and pose for photos in the Pathan’ese way. Thank me later.
        The one that broke the camel's back. Watch out! :snooty:

Comment

Originally posted by UFC2015 View Post
          As for the dishes i am also open to suggestions i.e. they are going to be full fledged high protein dishes like chicken karhai, chicken seekh kebabs, chapli kebabs, fish e.t.c.
          seekh kabab should be beef or mutton. Chicken seekh kabab (and chicken qeema in general) is an abomination.

Comment

Originally posted by UFC2015 View Post
            My Shaadi and Valima have finally been finalized and will take place in the next couple of months. Considering my wife and her family are proud pathans, i want to make the occasion as special as possible by tailoring my wedding dress and the dinner menu to their traditions and customs.

Would love fellow pasthun pakpassers to give their suggestions on the perfect wedding attire i can wear for the occasions which is consistent with a pashtun wedding.

I decided against wearing a suit or a sherwani for the shaadi. I believe most pashtuns wear a regular shalwar kameez, a waist coat, peshwari chapal and a touk as part of their customs.

Rora, pa Pukhtoonkhwa da qom zaee ye?

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post

seekh kabab should be beef or mutton. Chicken seekh kabab (and chicken qeema in general) is an abomination.
              They make amazing Saji and lamb kebabs. Personally I like to tear into a side of beef. Good cuts of beef here sell for gold.

My Pashtun friends got me elaborately embroidered shalwar kamerz n cheddar and sandals from Quetta, I think he needs to look at buying clothing from there

Comment

Good Luck and Shaadi Mubarak!

it has been a while since I ate in Peshawar!, But I do recall a friend used to fly from Karachi to Peshawar so he could enjoy Chapli Kababs served in Landi Kotl the Border Town! .............

Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

chicken kabobs are basically fake kabob. we like the ones made from red meat. rice dish can be pulao, chicken karahi for sure.
                  you are spot on about the regular shalwar kameez with the coat and shoes, stick to that. no sherwani etc.

Comment

Originally posted by akaprincess View Post
                    chicken kabobs are basically fake kabob. we like the ones made from red meat. rice dish can be pulao, chicken karahi for sure.
                    you are spot on about the regular shalwar kameez with the coat and shoes, stick to that. no sherwani etc.
                    Yupp!! I am not a fan of chiken kabob also, for people with weak constitution. Lamb Kababs would be a game changer, also lamb Pilau is to die for. Karachiites cant handle the yummy fats of lamb pilau.

Comment

Working...
                    X