Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents

I recently decided to move overseas, however, my parents were waiting on me to sponsor them in the country I live.

My parents rely on me as I am the sole breadwinner of the family. My parents live in a comfortable country but they want to be near me as they are getting older and need my financial help. If I do not sponsor them, they will be able to live where they are, and be able to pay their expenses but they will be lonely and they are getting older (mid 60s). I want to enjoy the remaining life they have but I also want to move as I have some issues where I currently live and need a break and fresh start and moving overseas is my only option at this time.

If I move overseas I am being selfish and will abandon my parents. If I stay and sponsor them, I am helping them but my future will be destructive as I cannot function where I live due to the issues I face.

I can't sponsor them where I am moving because the laws are strict, it will cost more money and it is too far for them to be away from other family members.

Safari, my honest take is that sometimes in life you will not get everything you want. So my opinion is to be with your parents, they need you at this time. You will never ever regret not being able to help them financial or otherwise. Ask them to pray for you so you get suitable employment in your city.

Comment

I as a parent had made a commitment to never be dependent financially or emotionally to my children. I made sure I stay healthy and positive and have my own hobbies and engagements in life. Our job as parents is never to come in the way of our childrens happiness and success. I am actually encouraging them to move away, spread their wings and experience life and grow. In eastern culture a boy is an investment and unconditional love is not so common.Move to what is best for you. When you are successful you can help loved ones.

Also encourage them to excercise and eat healthy, In my culture I see many 80 year olds still volunteering even with physical work. Look at Biden.
      Last edited by Bobby1; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
        I as a parent had made a commitment to be emotionally dependent all the time on my children for praise and validation. They didn't deliver, so then I made sure I stay healthy and positive to indulge my hobby of documenting life engagements of other people. Our job as parents is to live vicariously through our childrens happiness and success. I am actually encouraging them to move on, spread their wings of their imagination and experience life and grow some weed in a basement like I do. In eastern culture a buwoyy is an investment I like to dabble in and shower my unconditional love on, which is very uncommon in western culture. Just move to the groove baby. When you are successful you can love yourself.

Also encourage them to exorcise spirits and eat healthy, In my culture I see many 80 year olds like me still twerking even at the library. Look at Biden.

eh mai ki paraya?
        The one that broke the camel's back. Watch out! :snooty:

Comment

Originally posted by safari1 View Post

If I move overseas I am being selfish and will abandon my parents. If I stay and sponsor them, I am helping them but my future will be destructive as I cannot function where I live due to the issues I face.
          OP I dont understand your "future will be destructive" part. care to explain?

Also I just think you should try
          (a) moving to not so far country so you can visit your parents frequently
          OR
          (b) move to a country where you either sponsor them or make sure they can get visit visa to come see you
          Attitude is more important than facts.
          "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Working...
          X