Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pre-Nuptial Agreement before Nikah is deal breaker??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Pre-Nuptial Agreement before Nikah is deal breaker??

Aslamail'kum all,

My friend's fiancÚ brought this up while they are still in the rishta process. Both are serious about each other and guy ticks all the check mark which my friend is looking for.
    So while talking to her he brought up the idea of prenuptial agreement. So he explained that he had had really bad experience with his ex-wife therefore he would like to get prenup done before they get married. And he worked really hard all of his life to have what he has. He owns two houses.

My friend is not sure and is 50/50 but she did tell me, she would be willing to sign prenuptial agreement. So what you all think is this a deal breaker?

Men: What you think if your wife to be asked you to sign prenup?? And vice versa.

My new wife is worth tens of millions, she says she will give me everything in a heartbeat and I wouldn't dream of taking a penny from her. She tried buying me the G wagon and I said no vehemently. If you don't have trust, you don't have love. If he is not over the mistrust of his old wife then he should not marry.

Sams brother is getting married in Dec. He is filthy rich but is not doing a prenup. In arranged marriages, it is not a bad thing. He was engaged to a girl from Lahore before and she was a total gold digger. Wanted a Ferrari and maid and then her lovers called Kamran and told him the kind of woman she was, having affairs with multiple men at the same time and went for the wealthiest. When he told her that he won't marry her she called Police on him falsely accusing him of abuse. I guess if he had married her without prenup the entire family would be toast.

I like the western ways of being together for a long time before getting married. These traditions were made when women had the same rights as cattle, this is why in English law women were considered chattels.

I thought women in Pak did not have many legal rights. Are they in the west?

Comment

Pre-Nup can be a deal breaker only in one of the two conditions:

1) If one of the two parties or both aint fully aware of it. i.e. Lack of knowledge on this matter. People dont know how much it can be helpful. Its like you are signing for a peace of mind as well as being realistic that you want to be sure in case things go not as expected.
      2) If one or both are egocentric to talk about it and make a compromise on this important issue.

You can always fix the first one but if its the 2nd one, then it better be a dealbreaker now than eventually later. Either way a lawyer in the middle is important to have who can explain the technicalities to both. I firmly believe that educating ourselves save from a lot of hassle
      Attitude is more important than facts.
      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
        Pre-Nup can be a deal breaker only in one of the two conditions:

1) If one of the two parties or both aint fully aware of it. i.e. Lack of knowledge on this matter. People dont know how much it can be helpful. Its like you are signing for a peace of mind as well as being realistic that you want to be sure in case things go not as expected.
        2) If one or both are egocentric to talk about it and make a compromise on this important issue.

You can always fix the first one but if its the 2nd one, then it better be a dealbreaker now than eventually later. Either way a lawyer in the middle is important to have who can explain the technicalities to both. I firmly believe that educating ourselves save from a lot of hassle
        So you are saying it could be deal breaker depending on the circumstances and a person. What about you? would you sign pre-nup agreement??

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
          My new wife is worth tens of millions, she says she will give me everything in a heartbeat and I wouldn't dream of taking a penny from her. She tried buying me the G wagon and I said no vehemently. If you don't have trust, you don't have love. If he is not over the mistrust of his old wife then he should not marry.

Sams brother is getting married in Dec. He is filthy rich but is not doing a prenup. In arranged marriages, it is not a bad thing. He was engaged to a girl from Lahore before and she was a total gold digger. Wanted a Ferrari and maid and then her lovers called Kamran and told him the kind of woman she was, having affairs with multiple men at the same time and went for the wealthiest. When he told her that he won't marry her she called Police on him falsely accusing him of abuse. I guess if he had married her without prenup the entire family would be toast.

I like the western ways of being together for a long time before getting married. These traditions were made when women had the same rights as cattle, this is why in English law women were considered chattels.

I thought women in Pak did not have many legal rights. Are they in the west?
          You didn't have to mention Sam or whoever in your life Bobby. What important is would you sign prenup if your 2nd wife asked you too?
          And it does makes sense to do prenup in arranged marriages.

I like what you said in bolded part. And it makes sense given the kind of culture and environment we are in. But our religion doesn't allow this kind of arrangement.
          How do you balance both??

Comment

Originally posted by sonnykuri View Post

You didn't have to mention Sam or whoever in your life Bobby. What important is would you sign prenup if your 2nd wife asked you too?
            And it does makes sense to do prenup in arranged marriages.

I like what you said in bolded part. And it makes sense given the kind of culture and environment we are in. But our religion doesn't allow this kind of arrangement.
            How do you balance both??

Our laws, morality, and values are based on humanism. As per most religions, women are inferior, deficient, and should be obedient and subservient. Our beliefs are in gender equality and freedom of choice.

I had to mention Sam as many women are now very wealthy and should they look at signing prenups also? My assistant's brother is marrying into a very rich family and they made him sign a very thick document.

Comment

Remember that every marriage always includes a pre-nuptial agreement - the marriage/divorce laws of the jurisdiction in which the marriage takes place.
              If those laws are not to the couple's liking and there is an option to have their own custom pre-nuptial agreement then there is nothing wrong with it if both parties agree.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnykuri View Post

So you are saying it could be deal breaker depending on the circumstances and a person. What about you? would you sign pre-nup agreement??

Yes, and Yes. Ofcourse with the mutual understand and agreement as it matters the most
                Attitude is more important than facts.
                "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Yap..with mutual understanding and consent..it is quiet wise to do prenup. Especially nowadays when everything is uncertain..it is smart idea to do prenup.
                  The fellaa in ya're post being smart about it..so wish both of them all the best..
                  "Har Koi Deta Hai Zakham Gin Gin Kay ....
                  Mein Kis Kis Zakham Ko Apna Naseeb Samjhoon"
                  By Royal Gala

Comment

So Men are willing to sign prenuptial. My women folks aren't very keen. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X