Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arranged and forced marriages.......share.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyways I never marry Urdu-speaking person.

Comment

• krash
      krash commented
      Editing a comment
      Why not? What do you have against them?

Forced marriages are part of cultural muslims, they force people in marriage in the name of Islam. My family members are an example of that. Many know it's wrong. Some of them are such hypocrites that they tell outsiders 'forced marriages are against Islam' and then, behind closed doors they still force their family members in their families in unwanted marriages. Of course real Islam doesn't allow that.(real Islam is what the Quran says, not what people say who just want to get away with doing whatever they want)

Forced marriages cause a lot of damage and destroy lives. Many people have no choice but to live together, so they stay together because often divorce is taboo. Their staying together means they just get used to each other and make a life together because there is no other choice. So people often say 'see, they are happy now'. Every time a person is forced in a marriage, others will say 'sab theek ho jaye ga'. Well, there is a difference between people being truly happy together and people who just make a life together because they have no other choice and they make due.

Well . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sahdia77 View Post
      Forced marriages are part of cultural muslims, they force people in marriage in the name of Islam. My family members are an example of that. Many know it's wrong. Some of them are such hypocrites that they tell outsiders 'forced marriages are against Islam' and then, behind closed doors they still force their family members in their families in unwanted marriages. Of course real Islam doesn't allow that.(real Islam is what the Quran says, not what people say who just want to get away with doing whatever they want)

Forced marriages cause a lot of damage and destroy lives. Many people have no choice but to live together, so they stay together because often divorce is taboo. Their staying together means they just get used to each other and make a life together because there is no other choice. So people often say 'see, they are happy now'. Every time a person is forced in a marriage, others will say 'sab theek ho jaye ga'. Well, there is a difference between people being truly happy together and people who just make a life together because they have no other choice and they make due.
      I have yet to see a forced marriage in an Islamic society. Anyways... My father requires me to marry a Pakistani Muslim woman. THIS I HAVE ALREADY ACCEPTED, to stay in our society.

Comment

Yes, in real islam there are no forced marriages. In every day cultural muslim societies however, there are. So much evidence from people all over the world. It's sad.
        Well . . .

Comment

• MujtabaIK
          MujtabaIK commented
          Editing a comment
          I have never witnessed a forced marriage in my life. Maybe that was of my great grandfather's generation.

Regards,
          Mujtaba

The magazines I read are The Diplomat, The Economist, and Popular Mechanics.

Comment

lucky you
          Well . . .

Comment

lucky you
            Currently I am in Canada. I want to try the Environmental Engineering/Electrical Engineering program at Carleton University, again.

Comment

Make something nice of your future. You have your entire life in front of you inshallah

Well . . .

Comment

• MujtabaIK
                MujtabaIK commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I may want to work in the Gulf countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, or Oman.

I could also work in the Central Asian countries: 1) Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, or Kazakhstan, or Tajikistan.

And ofcourse work in Pakistan.

In Turkmenistan there are huge Natural Gas desposits in Ashkhabat, and Merv.

Maybe I can work in Tajikistan where there are huge mineral wealth.

In Uzbekistan I heard it is about Cotton harvesting.

Make something nice of your future. You have your entire life in front of you inshallah
              Yes currently I am 28 years old with a Pass degree in Political Science and a Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma.

I will:

1) Political Science Honours Degree
              2) Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma
              3) Environmental/Electrical Engineering
              4) Master's Degree

Maybe Insh'Allah teach at NUST university or other UET Engineering universities at Pakistan.

That would be a good idea.

But personally I like the idea of my parents deciding who I should marry. That is just better. That my life has been prepared for me in advance.

1) B.A. Honours Political Science Degree - Carleton University
              2) Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma - Seneca College
              3) Environmental Engineering - Carleton University
              4) Master's Degree - Carleton University

I will probably be 36 years old by then

Work for a few years Insh'Allah,

then work in the Middle East or Pakistan.

Regards,
              Mujtaba

and Shaadi at age 40 or 42.

Even Jinnah married at the age 42.

Well his first wife died at the age of 29.

Comment

Well I do not want to contaminate my mind with bad ideas.

Anyways its time for Chicken Briyani, Kofta, and ofcourse Kheer and kulfi.

Bye and bye.

Comment

I had another Pakistani friend who majored in B.A. History. That was bloody stupid.

Comment

Arranged and forced are 2 different things...just saying ...
                    Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
                    Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

Working...
                    X