Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arranged and forced marriages.......share.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arranged and forced marriages.......share.

Nice dress colours! Grateful to have never been in these situations.
    Shine on the world like loving sunlight (Rumi).
    The most important principle of environment: you are not the only element (Mahavira)
    Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without
    (Buddha).

Comment

Originally posted by Kraft Dinner View Post
      Nice dress colours! Grateful to have never been in these situations.
      My view coincides with the western view that if a girl is compelled or pressured or guilted into marrying a man she can't love than it is rape in perpetuity.

Comment

^Not sure what you're trying to say bobby. We all agree forced marriages are wrong and un-ethical. Not something new what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnykuri View Post
          ^Not sure what you're trying to say bobby. We all agree forced marriages are wrong and un-ethical. Not something new what you said.
          sonnykuri If everyone agrees than how come there is so much compulsion. I feel that an arranged marriage is a travesty also. What if a girl likes the way a guy looks, talks etc when she sees him initially and the very first night she feels she is repulsed by him and now she is supposed to live her entire life with a man she is repulsed by.

Comment

Bobby you're beating a dead horse.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnykuri View Post
              People also agree cheating or being involved with a married person is wrong and unethical but it still happens. In this case, he's not wrong. It's an issue in pk culture. I'm glad more people are starting to question these stupid things.

----

I'm not against arranged marriages per se as long as the guy qnd girl both agree without force or manipulation, but so many forced marriages are labeled as arranged marriages. You do not need a western view, in Islam it's not permissible to force your daughter to marry someone against her wishes.
              Pyaar waliyan nu nayio vekh sakda zamaana..

Comment

• sonnykuri
                sonnykuri commented
                Editing a comment
                I can care less what you say. Doesn't mean anything to me. . But i am sure, your ex-husband must be having time of his life.

I thought Islam is against forced marriages.

So what is the point?

Comment

Personally my Ammi and Abba will be involved in my marriage Insh'Allah.

Insh'Allah by the age of 40 I will get married, after I amm done with my education.

Comment

My Ammi and Abba will find my Pakistani Muslim wife for me.

Comment

I believe Islam is against girlfriend/boyfriend relationships and forced marriages.

Now bye, bye.

Comment

Usually I hear the Mullahs on Pakistani television talking against forced marriages.

Also on Saudi Islami channels.

Even on the Islamic PeaceTV, the Mullahs like Dr. Israr Ahmed have talked against forced marriages.

It goes against the spirit of Islam.

forced marriages and forced conversions go against the teachings of Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by Mademoiselle View Post
                        People also agree cheating or being involved with a married person is wrong and unethical but it still happens. In this case, he's not wrong. It's an issue in pk culture. I'm glad more people are starting to question these stupid things.

----

I'm not against arranged marriages per se as long as the guy qnd girl both agree without force or manipulation, but so many forced marriages are labeled as arranged marriages. You do not need a western view, in Islam it's not permissible to force your daughter to marry someone against her wishes.
                        I Totally I agree with you. In Islam is prohibited to force anyone to marry anyone against their will.

I am not an expert Muslim, nor to I claim to be the best Muslim in the world, but I have some knowledge.

Thanks,
                        Mujtaba

Comment

There is a drama serial going on in Pakistan right now called 'Muqaddar' . A girl is in love with and engaged to marry her cousin. She is kidnapped by a feudal lord who is infatuated with her. He threatens to kill her family if she doesn't marry him.
                          She is now being shown as trying to be a devoted and faithful wife. Bobby1 does have a point!
                          Last edited by krash; Oct 13, 2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• MujtabaIK
                            MujtabaIK commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Personally I think it is better to marry a Pakistani woman that my father and mother agrees with.
                            Good education- Engineer, Law, Doctor
                            Good Muslim upbringing.

It depends on your ethnicity. If you are a Muhajir from northern India, then it is impossible to marry to the other ethnicities of the other Pakistanis.

Usually the Baloch intermarry with the Pathan and they intermarry with the Kashmiris or Gilgit-Baltistanis.

• krash
                            krash commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Muhajir-baiting again!
                            I know plenty of muhajirs married to non-muhajir Pakistanis.
                        Working...
                        X