Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos 2.0

Hi there peoples,

This thread is inspired by Journeyman's thread on the same subject, but on steroids. Hence the 2.0. Here are some thoughts that have plagued my mind about photos and I hope they have consumed yours as well .....at least enough to yield a good discussion.

1) Have any of you looked at a variety of (unfiltered) photos taken within the same time-span and noticed that you look different in all of them ....and then have you wondered.......which photo is the most accurate representation of the REAL you and how the world really sees you?

2) Mirror, mirror on the wall.......so do you think that you look better in the mirror or in photos? There are numerous articles with detailed explanations for this question and the majority of them say that the camera is more accurate, which makes me wince. I favor the mirror because photos can be distorted or taken at different angles.

3) Have you ever wondered how much of a difference there is between a filtered photo and a real photo? Do you think that, over time, excessive use of filters can create issues in self-esteem or perception?

4) Are you one of those photogenic souls or do you believe that you look better in real life than you do in pictures?

Babban ....please no pics of biceps that either belong to you or better ones that belong to others.

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
    Hi there peoples,

This thread is inspired by Journeyman's thread on the same subject, but on steroids. Hence the 2.0. Here are some thoughts that have plagued my mind about photos and I hope they have consumed yours as well .....at least enough to yield a good discussion.

1) Have any of you looked at a variety of (unfiltered) photos taken within the same time-span and noticed that you look different in all of them ....and then have you wondered.......which photo is the most accurate representation of the REAL you and how the world really sees you?

2) Mirror, mirror on the wall.......so do you think that you look better in the mirror or in photos? There are numerous articles with detailed explanations for this question and the majority of them say that the camera is more accurate, which makes me wince. I favor the mirror because photos can be distorted or taken at different angles.

3) Have you ever wondered how much of a difference there is between a filtered photo and a real photo? Do you think that, over time, excessive use of filters can create issues in self-esteem or perception?

4) Are you one of those photogenic souls or do you believe that you look better in real life than you do in pictures?

Babban ....please no pics of biceps that either belong to you or better ones that belong to others.

well I think people look better in real life rather than photos (unfiltered ones ) when I read that as per majority camera is more accurate It made me winced the same. no I am not photogenic.
    In ankhoon kay ye zumurd hein teray liay...per tuo hay kahaan...... kia puta...(blush)

Comment

• redvelvet
      redvelvet commented
      Editing a comment
      Great minds think alike. We can be friends now. Let's wince together.

Velvy there is only one man in this world who has da most real most potoganic most sheckshy pictures.

Ab ye wali hi dekh lo. Apne Bobby1 unkal 20 saal pehle jab refugee asylum ka visa leke Kana-adda airport pohnche to kitne chikne pappu lagrae thay na

holy.jpg
    My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
    "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

Way more muscular than your chacchi ka ladka

Comment

• redvelvet
        redvelvet commented
        Editing a comment
        And how would you know, eh? Sharam karo....you couldn't even spare his chachi ka ladka from your x-ray eyes.

Please stay on topic, peoples.

So tell us, Bob, do you like your mirror image or phhotto image? Also, which of your 2 wives do you think would benefit more from a filter?

Comment

• Bobby1
        Bobby1 commented
        Editing a comment
        They both are stunning, no need for filters; I am a lucky man. I cannot be with a non beautiful person. Sam keeps taking my pictures and I dont like people to take my pictures.

The whole Idea of relying on the result of a two dimensional inanimate Medium i.e. SNAPSHOT trying to convey the image of a THREE DIMENSIONAL Living BODY! is in itself a SHALLOW Concept! To begin with.............

and has and IS TOTALLY WITH OUT DEPTH PERCEPTION!................

So those who rely on such Images may be lacking Self Esteem to say the Least!............

We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

• redvelvet
        redvelvet commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree! Mirror image it is then!

I'm traumatized by the images in this thread
      happy happy happy... happy happy happy

Comment

Originally posted by sadzzz View Post
        I'm traumatized by the images in this thread

Arey abhi aapne dekha hi kya hai. Apny bobz uncle is yet to put the pictures of young boyz without shirts and his own picture in towel. This kind of thread is all what he stays on GS for
        My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
        "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Lota View Post

Arey abhi aapne dekha hi kya hai. Apny bobz uncle is yet to put the pictures of young boyz without shirts and his own picture in towel. This kind of thread is all what he stays on GS for
          dare I ask...

happy happy happy... happy happy happy

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Lota View Post

Holy Lota I knew this person, firstly he was dealing with poor genetics due to multi generational cousin marriages,his parents didnt believe in fitness, excercise and diet so the lil man couldnt even stand up straight. Hygiene was not their top priority so his crusty mouth smelled worse than a sewer. he would not wait for water to stop dripping after lota he got up and the water would drip on his shalwar (NASTY WET SHALWAR) and yet he thought he is a gift to his female cousins and if he snags one she should forever be in his debt and he should be allowed to dictate to her. Hey I feel so inadequate when compared to him...lol......Happy Romancing dear...........
            Last edited by Bobby1; Jul 21, 2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• redvelvet
              redvelvet commented
              Editing a comment
              Why is it that you assume every member that you hate is either married to a cousin or a product of a cousin marriage? Without concrete proof, that only makes you look crazy. For example, my parents are not cousins and they've never been in favor of cousin marriages. The vast majority of the marriages in my both sides of my family are to non-cousins. I still don't judge anyone for having a consanguineous marriage though. And for all you know, Bobster, some of your own ancestors from way way back might have had a consanguineous marriage.

redvelvet stats say that most from back home are in first cousin marriages, I will post documentary later. We are conquerors and Syeds. Syeds normally had many wives, this is why really great genetics in true Syeds

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
              redvelvet stats say that most from back home are in first cousin marriages, I will post documentary later. We are conquerors and Syeds. Syeds normally had many wives, this is why really great genetics in true Syeds
              AGAIN, nobody has asked for stats. There are exceptions to stats. Does every Desi stereotype or statistic apply to you or your family? No, right? Then stop doing that to others. It doesn't make you look intelligent.

Comment

AGAIN, nobody has asked for stats. There are exceptions to stats. Does every Desi stereotype or statistic apply to you or your family? No, right? Then stop doing that to others. It doesn't make you look intelligent.
                In the west we employ linear thinking, probabilities, stats in most of our decision makings, banks, insurance companies, public services all employ stats. We dont have flying Jinns or know the tona totkaas....

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
                  Way more muscular than your chacchi ka ladka
                  Post your face too

Comment

Hi there peoples,

1. Not really
                    2. Perhpas slightly better in the mirror, generally speaking.
                    3. Not really. My memory is not photographic enough for me to really notice (pun intended).
                    4. I never really gave it that much thought.
                    Tell your assassin to aim for her head...because she doesn't have a heart.

Comment

Working...
                    X