Fake Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake Photo

Why would someone use a fake photo for rishta, and then act all mad and Islamic when confronted about it? They say the girl looks like the girl in the fake photo. I say, absolutely not ! The family was visiting Canada from Pakistan and I met them briefly at the airport before their return flight. Grow up people !

Also I’m getting doubtful about people’s claims about their education. If someone refuses to show their degree early on. How to tell if it could be due to privacy concerns(I’ll be ok with that) or a red flag that the claim is fake(not ok with that).

My regular disclaimer goes here !
    Last edited by JourneyMan; Jul 17, 2020, 11:14 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention disclaimer

Well, if it can be verified that they’re legit employed in a profession that is relevant to the degree that they’ve listed, then that’s a reassuring sign. Yes, photos are tricky. Sometimes people use (older/younger) photos of themselves and at other times they might use current photos that have been filtered. We all would rather use pics that show us at our most flattering angle and so people play with angles. You get a better idea of what someone looks like when you see them in person.

Comment

What kind of fake was it? Was it someone posting someone else's picture? Or was it the same person's heavily photoshopped?
      Tell your assassin to aim for her head...because she doesn't have a heart.

Comment

Originally posted by JourneyMan View Post
        Why would someone use a fake photo for rishta, and then act all mad and Islamic when confronted about it? They say the girl looks like the girl in the fake photo. I say, absolutely not ! The family was visiting Canada from Pakistan and I met them briefly at the airport before their return flight. Grow up people !

Also I’m getting doubtful about people’s claims about their education. If someone refuses to show their degree early on. How to tell if it could be due to privacy concerns(I’ll be ok with that) or a red flag that the claim is fake(not ok with that).

My regular disclaimer goes here !

You asked girl's family to show you her degree at very first meeting?
        In ankhoon kay ye zumurd hein teray liay...per tuo hay kahaan...... kia puta...(blush)

Comment

Did you even bother to ask her if she knows how to make a round roti? Cuz that would have made up for the fake degree.

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
            Well, if it can be verified that they’re legit employed in a profession that is relevant to the degree that they’ve listed, then that’s a reassuring sign. Yes, photos are tricky. Sometimes people use (older/younger) photos of themselves and at other times they might use current photos that have been filtered. We all would rather use pics that show us at our most flattering angle and so people play with angles. You get a better idea of what someone looks like when you see them in person.
            Yup, employment can indirectly point to legit degree. I was asking about the cases where a girl does not work or works a job that would not require the specific education.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
              What kind of fake was it? Was it someone posting someone else's picture? Or was it the same person's heavily photoshopped?
              It was someone else’s picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamic fire View Post

You asked girl's family to show you her degree at very first meeting?
                No

Comment

Did you even bother to ask her if she knows how to make a round roti? Cuz that would have made up for the fake degree.

Comment

In ankhoon kay ye zumurd hein teray liay...per tuo hay kahaan...... kia puta...(blush)

Comment

Fake pic is one of the bugger cons to pull. I'm not sure on what expectation cuz either way its gona be busted sooner or later. Why not just dont send a pic at all?
                      Attitude is more important than facts.
                      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Such a desi paki thing to do

get hold of interest so can meet then emotional blackmailing

silly but rishthay wali aunties are just as weird

Comment

But i love all these filters that applg fair and lovely on me automatically!!!

but, yes please be doubtful when people cannot own up to their education. What's to hide there? That is something anyone should be proud of
                          happy happy happy... happy happy happy

Comment

I'd call using a fake picture like that fraud. Though I'm curious, how did they get "all Islamic" when confronted about it?
                            Tell your assassin to aim for her head...because she doesn't have a heart.

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
                              Fake pic is one of the bugger cons to pull. I'm not sure on what expectation cuz either way its gona be busted sooner or later. Why not just dont send a pic at all?
                              Going without family into the rishta process is quite a humbling experience. You are taken as far more dispensable and people take liberty to perform various experiments on you.

Comment

Working...
                              X