Narcissist in life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mamaof3 View Post
    I was married to a person with NPD for 20 years. I had every sympathy for him...a guy who lost his beloved dad at age 7, his very abusive mom was made quadroplegic in the same car accident, he eventually was given to his maternal grandparents who provided him with a pedophile as his personal servant. that sets the stage for NPD but I always saw him as prince charming, a wounded bird who needed a loving home which I tried to give to him. Of course I never measured up. It turned into a nightmare. NPD is absolutely no joke. RUN. fast. These are very damaged people who will do everything and anything to destroy you and you better be very strong to deal with what these people can dish out.
    I'm so sorry to know. How did you get out of it? Are you ok now?

Comment

Hey! I filed for divorce and paid my share of the $200k it cost to be rid of this toxic person. it was an absolute nightmare. But Im free now. my kids are beginning to see and understand. so am in a better place now for sure! But its definitely a long and tough road.

Comment

The problem with Narcissism and NPD is that the person with this affliction feels that it is THEY who have suffered wrongs. They have never done anything wrong and will defend that position to the detriment of their relationships, their children and themselves. NPF is notoriously difficult to impossible to treat because the patients do not realize that they have a problem - its everyone ELSE that has the problem. I've been called F-ing c-word so many times but was told that I "made him" do it. Typical NPD abuse. its MY fault that he abused me.

Comment

^^ Awesome post! The most challenging aspect of narcissism is..these people are really hard to deduct. They lack empathy and blame everyone for their wrong doing. And neva..admit to their shortcomings and mistakes. And they lie subtle way..
          Wish ya all the best Mamof!!
          "Har Koi Deta Hai Zakham Gin Gin Kay ....
          Mein Kis Kis Zakham Ko Apna Naseeb Samjhoon"
          By Royal Gala

Comment

Originally posted by Mamaof3 View Post
            Hey! I filed for divorce and paid my share of the $200k it cost to be rid of this toxic person. it was an absolute nightmare. But Im free now. my kids are beginning to see and understand. so am in a better place now for sure! But its definitely a long and tough road.
            wow I'm very happy for you. And you paid 200k? Is it that expensive? Kudos.

Mind me asking was that guy a Pakistani?

Many hugs for you. Stay strong

Comment

Originally posted by Xtron View Post
              ^^ Awesome post! The most challenging aspect of narcissism is..these people are really hard to deduct. They lack empathy and blame everyone for their wrong doing. And neva..admit to their shortcomings and mistakes. And they lie subtle way..
              Wish ya all the best Mamof!!
              Along with their own lack of empathy and conscienceness, it's not just the Narc who think he/she is the perpetual victim whom has done nothing wrong... society too sides with Narcs and instead blames the individuals who received the abuse and whatnot. Mad.

Mamaof3
              Pyaar waliyan nu nayio vekh sakda zamaana..

Comment

Working...
              X