Narcissist in life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Narcissist in life

I just read this and somehow can relate to it.

How about you all on this forum?

temp.jpg

I can write a book about narcs

It's a scary personality disorder with no chances of positive change.

Pyaar waliyan nu nayio vekh sakda zamaana..

Comment

Btw, who's the narc in your life?

Comment

Likely a narcissist feels the same. As they say, don't expect too much from others and then small gestures become joys.

Comment

Originally posted by WitchDr View Post
          Likely a narcissist feels the same. As they say, don't expect too much from others and then small gestures become joys.
          You obv are not familiar with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). We all might have narcissistic tendencies to a certain degrees, but Narcissists are pure evil

Comment

Likely, humming bird is not humming about a person with NPD but likely about a regular person with narcissistic tendencies. Again reading the definition, I would say that if there are more than a few who appear narcissist in ones life, it would be good to see a doctor.
            Last edited by WitchDr; Jan 6, 2020, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Likely, humming bird is not humming about a person with NPD but likely about a regular person with narcissistic tendencies. Again reading the definition, I would say that if there are more than few narcissist in your life, you likely need to see a doctor yourself.
              It literally says "Relationship with a Narcissist in a nutshell". As I said we all have narcissistic tendencies, doesn't make us all Narcissists. Therefore, no, a Narcissist doesn't feel the same way, they are wired differently.
              Anyhoo before you make claims about a person whom has had to deal with one or a few Narcissists, first educate yourself before trying to give suggestions about seeing a doctor. Victim-blaming at its best.

Comment

I believe I need to give my honest opinion, instead of being wishy-washy about how I feel. I am not forcing my opinion onto the poster and hence mentioned "likely" twice in the same sentence. The first line of the post made me believe that the comment is not coming from someone who is actually dealing with a person with NPD.

However, your point has merit and I have adjusted my post accordingly

Comment

I believe I need to give my honest opinion, instead of being wishy-washy about how I feel. I am not forcing my opinion onto the poster and hence mentioned "likely" twice in the same sentence. The first line of the post made me believe that the comment is not coming from someone who is actually dealing with a person with NPD.

However, your point has merit and I have adjusted my post accordingly
                  I can't speak for the OP but sadly we can deal with lots of toxic people, and sometimes we too can be the toxic person in someone else's life, without realizing iy.
                  However, the description of the relationship is classic NPD. Maybe the OP can clarify his/her situation a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by humming bird View Post
                    I just read this and somehow can relate to it.

How about you all on this forum?

temp.jpg
                    :') sounds like an old crazy friend of mines. She is not missed at all.

Comment

sounds like my last 15 years enough said
                      happy happy happy... happy happy happy

Comment

• Mamaof3
                        Mamaof3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        me too sister! but hey we survived! high five to us!!

^ it takes time and distance away from the person we loved so much to realise this. They get worse with age

Comment

^ realisation is good. Loving them still, not so much. Time and distance apart is cure.
                        happy happy happy... happy happy happy

Comment

Originally posted by sadzzz View Post
                          sounds like my last 15 years enough said
                          The good news is that there are many many years perhaps decades to come with a lot of happiness in your life. Here is to you..

Comment

I had a senior manager like that. I don’t know whether he met the clinical criteria of a narcissist or not, but sure had motivation-killer effects on the team. His project plans revolved around fixing blames. All the credits were his, and shortcomings will be on the team. You do 10 out of 10 things, he will not talk about it but will question and criticize about 11th thing. I remember finishing work days feeling super tired and drained.

His mom passed away due to Cancer, he told us one day. Earlier, he had also told us how he hasn’t spoken to his entire parental family in years and hated them. Yet he used the newfound sympathies to promote himself as much as possible with the higher management.

His tactic or managerial style as he used to refer it to was to “apply maximum pressure”. Or “throw em in the fire”, “drown em”, etc. Never allowed other employees to speak to upper management. Eventually there was restructuring and he got new bosses. He continued blaming the team for every shortcoming but they didn’t buy it for long and got rid of him.

Comment

Working...
                            X