Advice for a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for a friend

My friend, and no its not me, is in an odd predicament. He cheated on his wife, but only talked to the girl on one of those dating apps he never met her and he felt guilty so he admitted the wrongdoing. His wife did not forgive him but gave him another chance on the condition that he allow her to monitor all his activities like credit card, phone, and emails. He is okay with that, but he has a wedding coming up in a week and his wife refused to go and said he cannot go either. My friend wants to leave her but is afraid he is not mentally and financially able to and if he doesn't go then he will have a bad name for himself as he missed the other sisters wedding and his mom also is really pissed to the point where she said she wont talk to him for a while and he is afraid as well that he will lose any contact with his family and be abandoned.

I told him to do whats right and thats if he has any feelings for anyone besides his wife he should leave right then and there and not waste his time or hers but he is adamant that he will go crazy if he leaves her now because he does not have the ability to do so. I told him if you really cant and you also cant go to the wedding then just dont go to the wedding as family can always come around and understand but what he is doing to his wife, that is, planning on leaving her when he is able to is also not right.

Anything else I should tell this person; I am at a loss for words...

We call them weasels here. He is financially able to have an affair but not able to leave?

Comment

I would completely distance myself from such a friend who does this to someone else's daughter. Not just cheating but then also using her as a toy waiting for the right moment to ditch her until he is bored and ready. Damn. He is not just wasting her time, he has betrayed her trust in people very badly by chatting to another girl on a dating app, and probably will destroy her outlook on men and love. Cheating is ****ed up, but using people until you can move on is so low.
      He doesn't respect nor deserve sanctity of marriage yet he doesn't want to be alone either. What a selfish coward yuck.
      Pyaar waliyan nu nayio vekh sakda zamaana..

Comment

My take on on this..is that what this chap did is ain't right. If he doesn't want her..he should just tell her. Don't understand people try to play games with their spouse. If you're really his friend...then give him 2 tight japphar first for being stupid. Obviously she wouldn't trust him..and yo..once trust his broken..it's broken.
        It takes long long time to build up someone's trust..especially in the cheating cases.

And problem from her side is bigger than..what ya said above. So she made him miss his sister's wedding and now his friend. Well..i can tell you..that ain't right either. Who knows..what the story is..but from the jinx of it..she is using anything and everything to to control him. Guess what..eventually..ya're friend will leave her..coz no man likes to be controlled in the relationship.
        So ya see..who started his first??It's him.
        "Har Koi Deta Hai Zakham Gin Gin Kay ....
        Mein Kis Kis Zakham Ko Apna Naseeb Samjhoon"
        By Royal Gala

Comment

I'd avoid such a 'friend' with a barge-pole, preferably wrapped around with a barbed wire!
          I'm either at work, in gym, working in the garden, or in my beautiful wife's arms!

Comment

can cheaters ever be forgiven or are they banished from society forever and they have no ability for redemption? can they ever seek redemption and be a new person or is it once a cheater always a cheater

Comment

Working...
            X