Voicing opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voicing opinion

What's the difference between voicing your opinion, taking a stand for yourself and kisi ko sunana?

Be someone that makes YOU happy

I never understood the term "baten sunana". everyone uses it for the people they dont like. Its just a weird term whoever invented it

Comment

• redvelvet
      redvelvet commented
      Editing a comment
      Kisi ko "sunana" ya "baatain karna" (I think) is like the English slang equivalent as "telling someone off"...or..."you got told"...or..."put someone in place."

Originally posted by LP View Post
    What's the difference between voicing your opinion, taking a stand for yourself and kisi ko sunana?
    Interesting question

Not every opinion entails taking a stand. Let's say that your mom is going to a party and she has decided to wear something that you believe does not look well on her at all. So you express your opinion and this opinion of yours is not an attempt at securing any right of yours that was being (or in danger of being) infringed upon. Ab let's say that you are being pressured to wear a certain outfit to an event, but you openly declare that you do not like it and that you will instead wear something else that you like better............Now you have voiced both an opinion as well as taken a stand for yourself and your right.

Comment

• LP
      LP commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you...

sometimes taking a stand for yourself and kisi ko sunana can go hand in hand depending on the gravity of the situation..

interesting you posted this @LP, I am about to go through something as I just mentioned above.. where me standing up for myself will inevitably be taken as baatein sunana

Comment

Originally posted by akaprincess View Post
      sometimes taking a stand for yourself and kisi ko sunana can go hand in hand depending on the gravity of the situation..

interesting you posted this @LP, I am about to go through something as I just mentioned above.. where me standing up for myself will inevitably be taken as baatein sunana
      How did it go?
      redvelvet
      Sometimes taking a stand is also considered badtamizi. Isn't it?
      Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

I think you meant me @LP, not redvelvet since you quoted me lol..

yes it is considered badtameezi, thats why i said hey go hand in hand .. but you know, sometimes, juuuuust sometimes, you still have to stand for yourself, facts are facts... i know im talking very vague here... its just hat my particular scenario, i dont want to reveal my entire skeleton of the situation thats all.. but lets just say, my actions will be the result of what has happened to me, how it has affected me, hence, my so called badtameezi .. cuz i was done wrong big time

i have not done it yet, but i will very soon and will keep you posted.. it will be a life changing moment(s) for me and honestly i am a little scared but i gotta do what i gotta do FOR ME

Comment

voicing opinion is sharing your thoughts and understanding....
          taking stand for yourself is an act upon your thoughts and view.....

and kisi ko sunana is just venting yourself and doing nothing.....

Comment

Working...
          X