Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro abortion anyone?

Hilow ya’ll!

No I’m not talking about abortions while required for bastage babies. Err sorry. I meant preferred usually for an unexpected pregnancy out of wedlock due to whatever the circumstances may be. I’m asking where you stand as an individual when God forbid if ever faced with a situation that an unwanted pregnancy hits you in the face while being married. Why I’m bothered to get a general view point about this is because ….. read along ;-)

I know in the west most of the medical centers facilitate women to abort an unwanted pregnancy. However, in Pakistan (or many other nations) it is forbidden. Now what ticks me off that regardless of the ethical issues involved around this phenomena people still go for it. During the time I spent in Pak, a collogue of mine went happily for it and came back beaming with relief after she had it performed. Another example… A newly married couple, the guy being out of job came to the realization his bride was expecting after 3 months of marriage. He could not handle it, neither did his folks. They paraded around that girl forcefully to various hospitals to have an abortion. Also procedure like this cost whatever the amount the doctor states since its done under the covers. Does anyone even gives a damn about the side effects of such things?

Ok enuf with the examples. What really gets me is that an unborn child, does it really to some people hold no significance at all? By the 7th/8th week a heart is developed of the fetus. Oh please do convince me that its just an organ and nothing more!

Anyone is invited to contribute his/her feelings about this issue. Ur thoughts would be highly appreciated.
    **Chindakha pa lotay okhata, no wai chay: "Yera kabul may okatho!!"**

Im trying to understand your point of view, in the middle part of the post you sound pro-abortion and at the end you sound anti-abortion.

The topic of abortion is defined clearcut in islam. Im not sure if you wish for me to give you the islamic point of view or just my own thoughts on it.

Comment

This is a question of extreme personal privacy and circumstance. You can never know what you would do in another's shoes till you've walked a mile or two in them.

We arent here to judge others, its hard enough to stay on the right path without worrying about what everyone else is doing

Comment

freedom of choice
        rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

Maniac, I've only asked for individual opinions. No Islamic clearifications needed. Since in Islam and also Catholism, clearly abortion is out of question.

Mama dear... No judging here. If its a choice of a woman to go on her own and proceed with it. Really it doesn't matters to me. For everyone is free to live and breath as they wish. Clear?! However, what does bothers me, is when one is forced to it by other people while wishing to continue with the 9 months deal. Also if one is able to continue regardless of any hardship and its just a financial strain due to which they want to abort. It really doesn't seems a solid enuf reason to halt a beating heart for it yar! *shrugs* ohwell ...

Hiccup u've got guts. Straight forward right to the point
          **Chindakha pa lotay okhata, no wai chay: "Yera kabul may okatho!!"**

Comment

Originally posted by DB:
            Since in Islam and also Catholism, clearly abortion is out of question.

I've heard that abortion is allowed in Islam up to the 120th day.
            The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sara516:

I've heard that abortion is allowed in Islam up to the 120th day.
              Hmm im not sure but i think its more like 4 weeks, not 120 days as 120 days = 4 months by which time the baby is very on its way and has a soul.

Comment

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding....personally I would not abort a viable pregnancy.

I did however abort a "blighted ovum" pregnancy, the fetus was not viable and would not live past 12 to 14 weeks into the pregnancy. By going through the procedure, I was able to start trying again sooner and avoid potential problems with retained placenta etc.

I think forcing someone into abortion is a horrible act, especially when the mother wants to carry the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by DB:
                  No Islamic clearifications needed. Since in Islam and also Catholism, clearly abortion is out of question.
                  hmmm if we are muslim, shouldnt that be our induvidual belief? anyways a child IS a child, not a choice...how can any pregnancy be unwanted, they know WHAT they are doing right..n if they are so worried about it why cant they use freaken protection
                  Disclemer: I mispel al i watn

Comment

Protection isnt 100% effective

Comment

Originally posted by hiccup:
                      Protection isnt 100% effective
                      yeah and in some countries and cultures, using protection is completely unheard of. the woman is supposed to submit to her husband no matter what...
                      The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

self control? better than killing a child
                        Disclemer: I mispel al i watn

Comment

Originally posted by lussi:
                          doggy style takes cares of problems like these..

..........:nono3:

I heard abortion is okay in Islam if the case happens to be rape or something, and the time is limited. of course, people like to overlook that, and once again culture plays a large role. most cases, they'll keep it regardless thinking its totally wrong to abort, when in islam, it's actually okay given these weird circumstances. who wants to be raped at say age 14 or something, and then on top of that, have a child because of that rape?? that would jus be... and can turn a person...:bash:

by the way..i love the smilies on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tikhi Jalebi~:
                            self control? better than killing a child
                            So u expect everyone in the world to abstain for ever?

Its not only unmarried women who abort u know.

Comment

Pro-choice, here.

Lussi, that was uncalled for. No one's on dope here, your solution is not viable either.
                              Last edited by God : April 21st, 1987 at 09:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X