M M R Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M M R Vaccine

Dear parents of Gupland, please do reply if u have any knowledge about this vaccine.

My question is, this MMR Vaccine prescribed for toddlers at the age of 12 months or 18 months (in some countries) is it safe? Because I've seen numerous controversial debates about this vaccine, since the side effects of it are so high. I'm assuming its forbiden in States these days and not recommendable to be given to infants anymore?! However in other countries its still recommendable on the chart of vaccination for children. What have you guys done about it, did the children you've come in contact with recieve it at all?Or is it safe to skip it?
    **Chindakha pa lotay okhata, no wai chay: "Yera kabul may okatho!!"**

Who told u its not recommended in USA? We were advised by paed doc in States to have it while since we were visiting Pakistan for our babyat 12-14 months..
    Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

I've had my MMR vaccine when i was a baby and I am perfectly fine

Comment

If it wasn't for the MMR vaccine I would never have found out about Harris's illness (well I would've but probably not as soon as I did). It looks like most parents seem to favour the double vaccine which is the one I chose also. Has your doctor suggested this as an alternative to you?

Comment

Degas. let me enlighten u up. It was a doctor, who graduated with a scholarship and some sorta gold medal from the Agha khan that suggested this. Who I ironically now am thinking of is on his way to STATES. Wait till he wakes up from his slumber of supreme ignorance

Shahreen, would you elaborate if you don't mind how it helped u with Harris. Otherwise we're good on the pm

Comment

Lots of general info available on this page
            http://www.mothering.com/action-aler...ccine-petition
            Don't have time to do more.
            Research and then decide, don't go on hearsay!

Comment

DB - I think maybe I can across a bit unclear, what I meant was that if was because I took Harris to the doctors for his MMR vaccine that all this came about. But I've sent you all the details about the double vaccine that you wanted. Hope it helps.

Comment

Thanks for the link shirin. I'll do abit of google h.w don't worry, I never go on a ''heresay'' et'tall :-)

Shahreen, sorry for bringing this up here, but ahem *grins* where did u send me the details, cuz I've checked everywhere and can't see ur precious message

Comment

I think the reason for questioning the safety of the MMR vaccine is due to some people who are speculating that it causes Autism. Children develop signs of Autism at the same age that this vaccine is given. There have been studies done that show no relationship between the two but you need to decide for yourself.

Comment

Mama Deario! Ditto! I do disagree with that theory. Because I personally believe if there's signs of that in the genes of the child due to their family background, they will develop this trait regardless of the vaccine. However, its hard for me at the moment to convice a family which had a close encounter with such a scenerio. thanks for ur input

Comment

Working...
                    X