Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to know its time to get married?

Hi peepz

I dont know whether its just me..or anyone of u have been or are in the siuation where one feels like getting married but:
    -Dont wanna marry ANYONE for the sake of getting married
    -Dont wanna loose the ambitions of having a good career
    -Dont wanna end up in a miserable marriage, but dont have any chance to meet anyone and get to know him beforehand...

So, what does one do?I know it would always be an individual decision depending on the person u are and the circumstances u r in, but seriously when do u know that u should say yes to someone?there is no mr.right, but since there can be so many mr.wrongs then how to know what to do???

Difficult sawal hai but for me it was family pressure... after all desi hoon na! It is always a gamble no matter what. A love marriage can turn into disaster or an arranged marriage can be a heaven. I guess when 70 - 80 % things are right, its time!

Comment

but family pressure me a kar shadi karne ka kya maza?
      y get married for the sake of family when family wont be there in one's everyday life after marriage...

Comment

I don't think you should rush into something you're not sure of. And I know you're not as optimistic as me, but I think whatever you decide should make you completely happy, not just content. And I think that everyone can be happy, you just have to wait, which is the sucky part, b/c no one wants to do that. However if it "feels right" you have to take a chance..There are no guarantees, just hope for the best, but families are extremely convincing..
        Bang Bang
        I Shot You Down, Bang Bang
        You Hit The Ground, Bang Bang
        That Awefull Sound, Bang Bang
        I Used To Shoot You Down

Comment

You just happen to know when you meet the Mr. Right.

If you don't feel that's him, then don't marry just for the sake of getting married, marry a guy for his qualities.

Comment

Hi Miss Choudary.
            Only you can know when you are ready to get
            married no one else.
            So if you really know you are ready to get marry that's
            good but if you don't wanna marry yet then don't.
            Talk to you parents if they force you to get marry,
            I think they will listen to you coz it's your happiness you
            have to live with the guy your whole life.
            And i agree what Roshni said.
            But think about that okay.

Bye.

Nilu.
            Ya Nabi Salaam Alaika Ya Rasool Salaam Alaika Ya Habib Salaam Alaika.

Comment

miss choudhry ji i completely get U but i will just say here that in life you dont always get what you want and sometime insaan ko HAALAAT aur KISMAT k saath SAMJHOTA karna parta hae. thats the only way one can stay happy.

Comment

One day you'll see this face in your dreams. Remember that face.

Wait for rain, and when it shall come, you'll dance in the rain and sing.

You'll see that person next time you take the train (could be local train) and that'll be your que to get hitched.
                Gentlemen prefer Tid Ole Bitties.

Comment

First of all there has to be a suitable candidate ,even if you have no mr.Right.

Marriage isnt about losing your career ,independence etc.Both parties have to make compomises.

You cant have everything.But you can always work something out that works for you and the future hubby.
                  "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

at 23/24 i told my folks to not bother me about marriage cuz I had no plans to get married till I was 30.

at 26 I told my folks I had found someone and wanted to get married.

so i suppose when u meet the right person, or when its time, u will know.

dont rush it for no reason, but dont delay it for no reason either, just keep an open mind about the whole thing
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

My advise, never get married if you are forced in to it. Parents do make right desisions but inthe end its your life. and if you dont feel like it then dont.

Halat say samjhota is okay when there is no other way to survive.

As said above, talk to your parents and if they cant understand you then pray

Comment

I think I am at the point where I want to get married (Insha'Allah), but my problem is that some days I really think I should stay single. Reason I think its time now (more so than before) is because there are more days I feel I want to be married than I was feeling a year ago or beyond. And I have also been realizing that I have had a pretty selfish attitude towards others in not wanting to get married earlier. It was my number one reason to not get married (my desire to only do things for myself, improve myself, etc.). I now realize that one can improve and work and do all those things while being married, and theres the assistance of your partner if they are good.

I realized things with the help of friends lecturing me and just coming to a few realizations myself.

Now the issue is finding someone, but I dont believe its that difficult. I am not of the opinion that there is an "ideal" man out there. I believe many men are suitable for marriage if one really thinks about what is needed in a successful marriage. Others may disagree.

My family pressured me earlier into trying to choose a rishta but they no longer are like that since nothing came of it before. Shukar hai. *smile*
                        "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

There is no more pleasant food for the soul than the knowledge of truth. - Lactantius

Comment

Hi guys
                            thanks for ur replies.
                            First of all I am not being pressurized or forced into anything. I think I have passed that stage where my parents were trying to fi something up for according to their belifs and standards.

Munni, aap ne mere dil ki baat ki!!!I am in the same situation as u since I have just started viewing marriage from a positive angle. I have always been the person who wanted to acheive MY goals and MY ambitions. But I feel that if I keep doing it in the coming years while single I wont be able to adjust in any relationship so maybe its time to get settled and learn to experience life from a different perspective than I've been used to so far.

But still I am not sure.......

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Choudary:

Munni, aap ne mere dil ki baat ki!!!I am in the same situation as u since I have just started viewing marriage from a positive angle. I have always been the person who wanted to acheive MY goals and MY ambitions. But I feel that if I keep doing it in the coming years while single I wont be able to adjust in any relationship so maybe its time to get settled and learn to experience life from a different perspective than I've been used to so far.

But still I am not sure.......
                              I think thats great Miss Choudary. Because if you think about it, you can always improve and always have goals you want to achieve. And it is very true that as you get older, you become more set in your ways. I'm glad we both realized it! Alhumdulillah, and I wish you success in your voyage. *smile*
                              "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

Working...
                              X