Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting eyebrows tattooed?

well does anyone know why that's done?

i was watching this wedding movie the other day and this jewish girl getting married she got a massage n all those wierd things girls do..and then she went to this place and got her eyebrows tattooed.

they looked really nice though and i guess it hurt her too cuz it was all red and stuff but the shape was all nice and they were dark n stuff too

so anyone know the story behind it and why women get em tattooed? actually this was the first time i've ever heard or even seen that so im totally lost
    Verily my happiness is my iman,
    and verily my iman is in my heart,
    and verily my heart does not belong to anyone but Allah(swt).

i dunno the story behind that but i know a few of my aunties and couisn have their eyebrows tatooed in pak and i find it absurd... my cousin did it cus she was missing hair in a section.. its pretty painful stuff...

Comment

ww

scary stuff

Comment

What are you talking about?? Eyebrow tatooeD? like getting them permanently tatooed in eyebrow shape?
        or wot?

Comment

Doesn't Michael Jackson have make-up tatooed on his face? Eyeliner, lipstick ... a little bit of blush. I'm pretty sure he does.
          Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Are you sure Mehnaz? I would have thought if anyone went near Michael Jackson with an electric needle his face would cave in.

Comment

X, his make up is too perfect to be applied everyday. I'm pretty sure he's made permanent make-up tattooing apart of his regular plastic surgeries.
              Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

A lot of women (mostly mummy-mummys) get their eyebrows tattooed where I am, and surprisingly they're Muslims (and I thought that wasn't allowed?) but that's a whole nother topic. I think they do it so they don't have to keep shaping them and stuff, they just shave it all off and keep the tattoo. Some women let their eyebrows grow out and use the tattooed spot to make sure they don't pluck too much or smth.

A friend of mine recently got her lips tattooed too, so they would stay pink (and it looks very natural) without lipstick.

Comment

makeup tatooing is quite common amongst asian women... i know phillipinos do them and its quite the norm... but i recently saw eyebrow tatooing in pakistan.. its more to fill in the gaps though

Comment

Yeah a lot of Southeast Asians have no eyebrows (or very little) so they need to get them tattooed instead.

Comment

^yeah and while they're at it.. they get permanent eye liner and lipstick too.. i actually think it looks very natural

Comment

seems like these days you can get permanent tatoos, plastic surgery, laser treatment, liposuction etc etc...so many cosmetic treatments r avlbl that you can pretty much change your entire appearance...crazy....

Comment

My mother-in-law had that done last year. She is an overplucker and so her eyebrows are very patchy and light. She also had eyeliner and lip liner tatooed also. She even asked me if I want to get it done and i said, "No thanks."

Comment

Your mother-in-law!
                            Long time no see...where have you been? Infact if I recall correctly you were moving to San something in CA. Hope you're settled and all.

Comment

Hi Femme,

We're still in NYC. We have one more year of my husbands residency left here. But he's applying for fellowships, 2 in Santa Monica. But we're not sure where we'll end up. How are you doing?

Comment

Working...
                              X