Where to find Urdu speaking Nannies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find Urdu speaking Nannies?

Does anyone here have a nanny they hired? Where did you find the nanny? One of my relatives is looking for one who speaks Urdu and English. Live-out. He needs one in a few months time. I'm helping him search but it's not easy. Any ideas will be appreciated, thanks.

He isn't looking to get one from Pakistan. He wants someone that is legal in the US.
    "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

If he's looking through and agency then it'll be much easier, as you can specify what language(s) you require the nanny to speak and leave the hassle to them.

Otherwise it's probably best to go through word of mouth, and ask around in the local community.

By the way, is it definetely a qualified nanny that he's after or a childminder? Reason being that I would imagine it would be easier to find an urdu/english speaking childminder than a nanny.

Comment

shahreen, he is looking for a nanny, not a babysitter. I'm guessing childminder is a babysitter. I dont know what agencies there are to look for a nanny. Hmm.

Comment

location?
        how much is he willing to dole out?

Comment

Childminder is a bit higher up the heirachy then a babysitter, but not as high up as a nanny. Confusing I know.

Most nannies are found through agencies, so it should be pretty easy to find one in the US.

Comment

Finding a good nanny that speaks urdu would be difficult, child minders are probably a pleanty since there are tons of women out there looking for jobs and their only skill sets are cooking and taking care of children.

I'd try local pakistani/muslim list serves and mosques to see if there is anyone.

Comment

funguy I'm not sure how much he is willing to pay but I would image the normal rate for a nanny. He already has a maid so nanny wouldnt do that work.

shahreen, thanks, I will do a search for nanny agencies online. If you know of any please let me know.

amelie, what are list serves? Thanks.

Comment

Munni, I do know of plenty of good reputable nanny agencies but unfortunately they're all located in england or europe. Will check to see if any of them cover internationally though.

Comment

Originally posted by Munni:

amelie, what are list serves? Thanks.
                  email groups....

Comment

Working...
                  X