Do u think..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do u think..

that the people who were molested when they were little might have any sort of problems lata on when they grow up??

for example, it might be hard for them to fit in or socialize with their peers and it prolly takes them a while to trust others or to trust sum1 at all...n they alwayz have sum sorta fear in their hearts....

wut u think???
    Verily my happiness is my iman,
    and verily my iman is in my heart,
    and verily my heart does not belong to anyone but Allah(swt).

yeh true for most kids, some kids even end up with psychological diseases such as schizo

Comment

and some kids shut out all those memories, not think about it at all and try to lead a normal life. lekin when they run into the molestor later on in life they do get uncomfortable and insecure and disgusted in that person's presence.

is it healthy to shut it all out like this?

Comment

Reemzy, I think that's a better way to handle the situation. There are some things in life that you can not fight with so it's better to ignore them. If a kid keeps fighting those thoughts then he/she will never be able to get over them. So it's better not to think about those incidents and look forward, that might not be a cure, but sure lessens the pain.
        "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there. - Rumi

Comment

Depends entirely on the individual.

Every person is an individual and every situation and experiance is unique. We can't make brushing generalisations expect to say they deserve our sympethy (not that they want it) and support.

Reguardless of their problems
          rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

i guess it also depends on the extremity (is it a word?) of the situation. i think if the child is a lil older then they remember more and are scarred deeper than if the child is maybe sometimes too young. lekin i dont believe kay the child will EVER in their life forget anything like this.

a lot of kids dont speak up coz as we all know, most of the time, the molestor IS a relative or close friend of the family. and the child in question does not wanna cause any havoc in the family, causing hatred among members of the family. lekin its sooo not fair for the child... sigh... im not gonna get into this, its been discussed many times on GS already.

Allah bachaye buss sub masoom bachon ko inn sickos say.

Comment

All kinds of abuse exist and can have long term consequences on a person's mental and physical health.
              How grave these consequences are depends upon many things, including the gravity of the abuse, the person's own character and the support he or she has.
              Abuse DOES have consequences. But it is possible to recover and go on, to live a normal healthy life. Much depends upon what sort of help the person receives.
              One of the worst things about abuse is that people are afraid of being "marked" so they are afraid to speak out and fight. If we can overcome this barrier we will help prevent abuse and help victims.
              The film "monsoon wedding" spoke about this, among its many themes. Many of my desi friends thought it was a disgrace that such things should be exposed. They didn't want their teen aged children to see this movie because of this fact. They would prefer to think that such things don't happen in our society. But they do, and the sooner we realize that this is someting to fight, not hide, the sooner we will eradicate it.

Comment

Working...
              X