What do i call my sisters in-laws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do i call my sisters in-laws?

I have this urge to call my sisters in-laws exactly what she calls them. It just comes out of my mouth "Slaamlikum Abba" because Im so used to hearing her calling him that. And I dont know if its wrong or not but her in-laws are so sweet, I just want to call them Amma and Abba. Sometimes I have to force myself to say "uncle" or "Aunty". I dont know what to do. My sister thinks its strange but funny. Is it inappropriate?
    A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Just call them by their first names. It's quite fashionable among desis thesedays.

Comment

hmmm I smell a Devar somewhere..
      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

^ why do u want to smell a devar? sicko
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Isn't Devar made of alcohol and thus haraam?

Comment

I personally don't think it matters catty, but you can ask them to see if they are ok with it
            main nay apnay iradoon ke shikasat say khuda ko pehchana hai (hazrat Ali)

Comment

Well, I have always had a hard time calling anyone ammi or abba other than to my parents. But that's just me. And I am unique.

Comment

The first time I read it, I was curious how come you have sisters-in-law.

Anyway, you can call them whatever you want, as long as they are cool with it.
                "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

funguy what are you going to call your wife's parents? Anwar and Sajida?

I call my parents something very specific and special and I wouldnt use those terms for anyone else.

Ok thanks Faisal Bhai, although Im not sure yet. Think Ill stick to Uncle and Aunty.
                  A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

well, I don't wanna call anyone ammi or abbu but my own parents. However, I might if I really love the person ... otherwise NO.
                    Catty whats the hitch in calling them aunty and uncle. I hate these cultural malpractices.

(am I breaking my vow to remain a celebate..??? )

Comment

Working...
                    X