Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The expectation of an enagegemnt solitaire

what kinda BS is this?

DeBeers company brainwashes, and half of the population now demands it. Greatest marketing ploy of all times

I mean fine, its nice..giving somethign nice to the woman you love, but which clown came up with the 2 months salary formula?

what do guys get? should there be a similar formula that women spend 4 months of their salry to buy the guy a rolex or patek phillipe?

Sadly it appears less than something special between a man and a woman, but between a woman, her ring and her jealous friends.

Having been at a lunch where some lady just got engaged and others were present, the conversation revolved around the ring more than the guy. the ooh'ing and aaah'ing of the ring, and then comments how so and so's fiance opnly got her a 3rd of a carat or that it did not have whatever clarity or whatever cut, and how that is just a bad sign.

what are your views about this topi drama?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

I don't know if this is still in pakistan but a few years ago i saw adverts in SHE about the diamond solitare "moo dikhai" ring...

smart business...

Comment

yeah.. and the same women will be picketing for No War for Oil .... don't they realize all diamonds are out of the blood of minors engaged in civil wars somewhere or through support of tyrant rebels?
      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

PA, while they are wearing furs too right? and designer stuff made in sweatshops?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

ehh.. i dont kno y chickies drool over them.. when i got engaged ... for soem reason every1 wanted to see the "ring" and i dont wear jewelry at all so it was kinda annoyin ..they jus wanted to kno how it looked, what the setting and clarity was.. I DONT KNOW THE CLARITY AND THE SETTING AND I DONT CAREEEEEEEEEEEE but i guess in some way women tend to compare the size of the diamond with the size of the wallet of the poor guy.. go fig
          Slightly Crazy and Plenty Lazy

Comment

i think its silly.... i mean the size of the stone shouldnt matter at all.. all i want is a lil diamond nosepin that cost 1200 rupees...

Comment

women are vain and men who waste that kinda money on them are idiots !

I had this exact conversation with a friend of mine a while back and her reply

' yeah women don't necessarily 'need' diamond rings but it solidifies marriage and love '

Man, then she proceeded to scold me cause I told her if I had that kinda money to waste I'd rather spend it on helping someone who's in trouble or feeding homeless people!

Comment

After all said and done, it's just another stone *smiles*

Comment

I told my fiance I wanted something delicate and pretty that he picked out for me. I didn't want something big and gaudy that would draw a lot of attention.

I got what I wanted .

I think 2 months salary is way too much. Rather save the money for preparing for the wedding and marriage.

Comment

^ i agree... man weddings are expensive.. and long engagements are sooo much more...

Comment

I know a few couples who buy expensive diamond rings for each other on every wedding anniversary....

I guess, it's just a part of western culture. Engagment and wedding rings are given a lot of importance here. Just like in Pakistan, no matter how poor you are you have to invite at least 500 guests at your wedding and serve them with different types of food....

Comment

thats really bad... i know my mum wanted a big stone for her 25h anniversary... the poor thing had an accident few months before it, so asked dad to have her face fixed instead... its wierd no? something u wait for so many years.. and when the time comes, it just doesnt happen...

Comment

^^
                          that's really sad... it's reasonable to ask for such gifts on special occasions but some people have just too much money in their hands to waste I guess...btw, did your dad bought the ring then??

Comment

i know... i would be happy with oen small ring.. i hate chunky stuff... ummm i cant remember, but i dont think he did. But she recently went to pakistan and got herself this massive diamond ring... im not a fan of such rings... but this one is yummy :love:

Comment

i think the diomand ring thing is cute, i dont mean huge and gaudy i mean something small and delicate

if a guy wants to spend so much money on it and is fine with the whole in his pocket, thats fine, hes doing it to make his fience happy, either way its different for everyone i guess

Comment

Working...
                              X