X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excess 'unwanted' hair...

Any home-made/commercial remedy for excess 'unwanted' hair on face >
    - chin, jaw line, between eyebrows, cheek etc

And i need some info on something called 'silky mitts' or 'sandy mitts' - its sort of a round mitt that you use to rub on skin for hair removal.....

Any other painless 'unwanted hair removal' product that leaves skin softer for longer -

Thanks in advance...

Maira chehra baaloN say saaf
    meri khoobsoorti kaa raaz

Schick Quattro

Aap bhi aazmaayay

Comment

If you want strictly home made recipes for hair removal then you're probably better off by making your own sugaring solution which you can use on your face and body.

Its made by combining 2 cups sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup water in a heavy saucepan and heating gently. If you have a sugar thermometer then heat till it gets to 250 F. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly before pouring into a strong jar or something that won't break when heated. When you use it, spread a thin layer over the skin with something like an ice lolly stick or a spoon handle. Cover with some cotton strips and rip off quickly. Ouch!

If you have any left then you can reheat it in the microwave but bear in mind that each time you reheat it, the mixture will thicken.

And as for those silky mitt things, they just make your skin red hot from all the friction.

Comment

okay....

&Any 'painless' cure for reducing the growth of hair -

&how do u ppl get rid of unwanted extra-visible hair - because once you pluck'em, they grow bak even thicker,don't they?
        Does bleaching work to hide that?

Any recipe with lemon/honey for this problem?

Plz Plz, let me know...

Thanks

Comment

the hair that grows back after plucking is thicker than before..this is just a myth which my mom uses to forbid me from plucking much hair from my face.i donno if there are any home made remedies to make hair less invisible but there are lotions available in the market from Jergens and avon for body hair and also aveeno for face and body hair ..i use the one from avon and it does seems to work if you continue to use it on regular basis and then if u stop using it, the hair goes back to the normal appearance..u can try em out if u want.

Comment

I love the jergens smooth skin/hair reductin cream! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE it...

I do notice a difference (I would normally get stuble on my legs in one day..now it's 2-3 days and much less, so a week later still sparce growth) and it makes my life much easier..Hubby doesn't like the amount of growth that needs to occur to wax and shaving alone always gave me red bumps/in growns. with jergans I have less hair, softer legs and less bumps/ingrowns.

Comment

Hmm, I always wondered if that Jergen's lotion worked.
              Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

well mehnza..i havent used it but avon but jergens is a good product..and because amelie said it works for her, u can try it out too..i am nowdays using aveeno lotion for my face and i think its working..it better should since i put it on regularly everymorning.

Comment

Threading is, IMO, the best way to remove facial hair.

Comment

Ok Girls, I want to say something very important!!!!

Don't ever, I mean never ever wax your face, thats the most worst thing you can do to your face, by waxing your are actually pulling your face and loosening your skin and your face structure. One day you will look like a bull doggy and will say what has happened to my face.

Waxing your legs and arms is ok, but face skin is more sensitive and the pulling of the strip, loosen the skin structure even more.

Shaving is another no no, as the hair growth in legs and arms is even more.

I got this information from a person who works in a beauty palour in Pakistan and she sees female customers day in day out with these problems.

Comment

omg this is so scary..after reading this i more and more hate the unwanted hair..also my sis she went to this really "professional" kinda and expensive lady and after facial that lady forced her into getting her face waxed.since my sis has acne she ended up getting big red boils on her face and she was in pain for so many days.so yes u were right when u said that wax shouldnt be used on the face ..however, there is hair remvoing cream for face by sally hansen that I use and it works pretty good.

Comment

If you don't want to wax/thread/pluck/shave there's also laser hair removal, which is great as after around eight sessions (depends on how much hair you have) you'll never have to worry about looking like a sasquatch when you leave the house in the mornings.

Comment

Who the heck would wax their face? Actually, I've seen women do it at the parlour and I don't understand why they would choose this method to remove any unwanted hair.
                          Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by MehnazQ:
                            Who the heck would wax their face? Actually, I've seen women do it at the parlour and I don't understand why they would choose this method to remove any unwanted hair.
                            Yes, many palours do wax the face, its because they don't care about the after effects of waxing .. waxing is actually less time consuming as threading. I too had it done but thanks to this friend, I am no longer doing it. Many palours choose to ignore the fact that skin is loosing its stability, as they are concerned about making big money. Now I'd rather have some hair here and there on my face rather than too do too much on my facial skin and loosen my skinstructure, threading now and then is ok IMO.

Comment

so for arms n legs its better to wax?? :-s
                              Disclemer: I mispel al i watn

Comment

Working...
                              X