Question for married guppies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for married guppies

I have a question. I notice that a lot of my single friends, including myself, often complain of boredom. I dont think I even go two days without having a friend telling me, "I'm bored." Seems like so many of us get bored easily and dont know what to do with our time.

What I wanted to know is, do you feel bored as often as you did prior to marriage? I mean do you sit at home with your spouse or by yourself with spouse in other room and say to yourself, "I'm bored, what to do?" Or do you talk to friends online or elsewhere and say, "I'm bored"?

How does it work? And what do you do about it? Is there a significant decrease in boredom after marriage? I know this sounds silly perhaps, but well, I was thinking it so thought I'd ask.

I know I had a similar thread up ages ago but it was different question than this one. *smile*
    "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Munni

i would say it depends on teh cause of your boredom. is it external, or internal i.e. you are in a boring city, you dont have any friends around, you are short on money to spend on activities you enjoy etc, vs..you are just a dull person.

there are people who get bored...and there are people who are bored. I someone is a dull bored type of person, i doubt that he/she will stop being bored just because he/she is married or has company.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
      Munni

i would say it depends on teh cause of your boredom. is it external, or internal i.e. you are in a boring city, you dont have any friends around, you are short on money to spend on activities you enjoy etc, vs..you are just a dull person.

there are people who get bored...and there are people who are bored. I someone is a dull bored type of person, i doubt that he/she will stop being bored just because he/she is married or has company.
      Well considering the amount of people that I talk to that tell me every so often that they are bored, I think it has to do with maybe lack of activities/friends or laziness, not necessarily that the person themselves are boring.

So how do you compare after marriage? Are you less "bored" now?

Comment

every human is bound to get bored from the same routine sooner or later, wether someone complains or not thats another story.

when me and my mrs think we are gettign bored, we either go out for a drive, or we play games on the x-box or we start disscussing familly issues or watch a movie etc.

Comment

Nope, I was not bored before I got married and I am not bored now. do i get bored sometimes..yeah..but then its like when you are thirsaty, u dont sit around saying dang I am thirsty and just sit there, u get something to drink..so when i feel bored...its a momentary thing because then i plan to do something. Its not boredom really but cabin fever due to being copped up during bad weather. I always had enough stuff to keep me busy during my single days, and I have enough going on to keep me busy and unbored now.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Hell no
            My life is still as exciting as it was before marriage
            I mean like like we can do everything together and have fun
            There is no more pleasant food for the soul than the knowledge of truth. - Lactantius

Comment

Originally posted by Praetextatus:
              Hell no
              My life is still as exciting as it was before marriage
              I mean like like we can do everything together and have fun
              *uffho* This post is for guppies that are actually married, not married in their minds. *grin*

Comment

Nope, I was not bored before I got married and I am not bored now. do i get bored sometimes..yeah..but then its like when you are thirsaty, u dont sit around saying dang I am thirsty and just sit there, u get something to drink..so when i feel bored...its a momentary thing because then i plan to do something. Its not boredom really but cabin fever due to being copped up during bad weather. I always had enough stuff to keep me busy during my single days, and I have enough going on to keep me busy and unbored now.
                exactly, just because you're married doesn't mean your spouse is responsble for your entertainment...

Comment

One will get bored after marriage if there interests are not the same. Simple example: if they don't watch the same TV shows etc.
                  Our neighbors sit in separate rooms in the evening cos they can't watch the same TV shows. Sound strange to me.
                  I think after marriage we both have changed and at least watch same tv channels!
                  Moments of "booreeyat" do come but then we find something to do.

Comment

Believe me, boredom becomes a luxury after marriage. I'm either cooking, cleaning, groceries, laundry, feeding baby, diapers, etc. all day. There's no spare moment except naptime.

Comment

Oh for a bit of boredom!
                      No I never was bored before I got married and I never am bored now. I never understood people who get bored. I mean, all you need to do is DO something unless you want to be bored! Life is so full of interesting things to do - my problem is to find time to do them all.
                      Whether you intests are in common or not with your spouse has very little to do with it. My hubby loves TV and I don't so I either do something else somewhere else or if I want to keep him company I do something else, like embroidery or cleaning beans in front of the TV.

Comment

plan your vacation so its perfect trust me it works (or open p a tub of low cal ice cream and watch a tear jerker with some friends)

Comment

It seems to me, from reading the responses, that peoples boredom infact does not change, what changes is the fact that more can be done about it since there is a partner around to share things with. I guess thats good news. *smile*

Comment

Working...
                          X