Dang...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang...

As you all well know, I used to be a smoker and gave it up a few months ago...These past couple of weeks I have been having this extreme 'talab' to light one fag...Seriously, right now as I am typing this, I am craving a for a cigarette in my hand...That's how I used to sit on GupShup...A cigarette dangling from my lips, and in between 'kushes' I would be typing...Inhaling and savouring the smoke as it entered my lungs and gave me smooth relaxation...

I know I won't start again coz I gave it up for religious reasons, but damn...It's maddening...

Pray for me as I pray for all Muslims to be free of this trash habit, Ameen...

I guess the reason for my typing this is that if you are even thinking of coming close to this nasty habit, stay well clear...You don't know what physical and mental torture I went through to be free of this disease...Only Allah :swt: gave me the strength to quit...
    Focus not on who you are but what you do...
    ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Lajawab

I quit smoking in in 96, the first few weeks were tough after that it was smooth sailing.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Hang in there,
      You've got 3 years to go to rid of it out of your system. Its just as bad as quitting cocaine. I use to be a smoker too, quit cold turkey and started eating a lot or chewing gum.
      Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Hang in there, brother.

I have never smoked a ciggi in my life and don't intend to either. But every now and then I get an urge to smoke a cigar. They smell so woody and sandali. Are cigars addictive?.

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNut:
          Hang in there,
          You've got 3 years to go to rid of it out of your system. Its just as bad as quitting cocaine. I use to be a smoker too, quit cold turkey and started eating a lot or chewing gum.
          Fraudiya...I always have respect for someone who can quit smoking...Especially if it's cold turkey...I know what it takes...

Coco: 3 YEARS!? Is that the time it takes to overcome the habit or for your body and specially lungs to come to their normal condition...?

FG: Cigars aren't addictive...They can become addictive if someone tells you that you look great smoking one...
          Focus not on who you are but what you do...
          ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Originally posted by Lajawab:

FG: Cigars aren't addictive...They can become addictive if someone tells you that you look great smoking one...
            Well that's not very likely to happen! So I guess he can start!

Comment

Coco: 3 YEARS!? Is that the time it takes to overcome the habit or for your body and specially lungs to come to their normal condition...?
              Thats the time to overcome the addiction and any craving and for your body to recover.
              Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Fatale:

So I guess he can start!
                FF, wana join in?

Comment

No FG, I don't wanna join anything with you.

Comment

MashAllah, guys. Keep it up! It's definitely worth the struggle.

Comment

I know two guys who quit smoking in a single day. One day they both just decided to quit and never went back to it! All it takes is will and resolution.

Comment

Lajawab, hang in there buddy, you have achieved what only a few percent smokers achieve; freedom from the smoke. it sure takes a lot of courage and control but in some time you'll realize youre at a safe distance. just keep away man, you'll love yourself for it. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Fatale:
                          I know two guys who quit smoking in a single day. One day they both just decided to quit and never went back to it! All it takes is will and resolution.
                          My mom tells me about my grandfather, he used to be in the army and used to smoke cigarettes, pipes but one day my khaala asked him to quit and pulled his cigarette out of his mouth; he threw it away that very second, never ever to touch it again! Amazing! some will power he mustve had. and he was young back then, maybe late thirties early forties.

Comment

Lajawab, what is the religious reason? Care to explain...Yes you guessed it from the pic by my nick...I smoke.
                            Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Comment

Fraudiya...I always have respect for someone who can quit smoking...Especially if it's cold turkey...I know what it takes...
                              challo...attention ho jao aur saloot karro
                              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X