fate vs. the choices you make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fate vs. the choices you make

As an adolescent my newly restored faith after a series of hard blows made me believe that my future was pre-designed and whatever route my life took was shaped by fate. I've always been very indecisive so it became easier to "leave things to fate". As I become older I realise that I can actually make choices and wonder if I've made any bad choices. It's also frightening to think that my destiny might be in my own hands.
    So when you guys are faced with a decision, do you say "Allah knows best" and take things as they come? (I find people from this school of thought are much more relaxed and less stressed out, somewhat lazy too) Or are you more proactive and take decisions even before a choice is presented to you?
    A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Iíll usually take things as they come, but when itís crunch-time to make decisions Iíll try to cover as much ground as I can in a conglomerate, to subscribe to as many possibilities and have a rough draft of ďwhat-ifĒ and backup scenarios at the back of my mind. A good approach Iíve learned is to (obviously after educating yourself of as many aspects relative to the decision/action/goal by using all resources possible), measure up potential best-case and worst-case resultants. That way, you minimize getting hit by an unexpected blast of hot air just when you think or anticipate itís going to be cool runnings from any point on down the road.

Although I believe in an ĎAllah knows bestí quite strongly, it is only a consoling factor to me. That if something didnít turn out the way it was supposed or planned to, then either it was not meant to be; or I made a wrong turn somewhere back there. Thatís time to re-evaluate myself and/or the approach I took. Sometimes it works out and I understand why. Sometimes it doesnít. But that doesnít stop me from trying.

Comment

What Diablo said. But when making choices, I try now (sometimes) to umm "talk to God" before making a decision, as silly as it may sound to some. Essentially I ask for guidance on the matter, and thus whatever results, i feel it was for the best. *smile*
      "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

Re: fate vs. the choices you make

Originally posted by cat-woman:
        I've always been very indecisive
        Duh. You are a woman, you are in the 99.99 percent of women who are undecisive.

Allah knows best has got nothing to do with your effort, it refers more to the outcome.

Comment

I think your fate is what you make it. Allah mian will not help you unless you try and make an effort. So in a sense, your destiny is in your own hands.
          Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

I know I will jump in on this one any sec

Comment

Fate .. hmmmmm .. I don't believe in fate or destiny. I think where we stand in life right now, is all a result of the choices we made and decisions we took in the past. If we think carefully enough, consider all scenarios and make proper decisions based on all of the possible consequences we might face, then there would be very less room for any unexpected "twist of fate".

Comment

We are creatures of free will. Although our choices maybe limitied, we make choices every second of the day. "Big" choices are few in life. More often than not, I find that if a leave off choosing for some time, problems work themselves out.

Fate/Destiny may pick out our problems for us, but the outcome is very much in our hands.
                "A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

There are some things that you can control and for those things YOU make the choices...the things you can't control you leave up to God.

Comment

I was built to be the best
                    Number 1 and nothing less

Leave me to my destiny
                    I have waited patiently

I have vision o i believe
                    I know i can count on u [God]

I have vision o cant u see
                    I am on the loose, make way for me!!

^ Be that always (.)

Comment

Originally posted by MehnazQ:
                      I think your fate is what you make it. Allah mian will not help you unless you try and make an effort. So in a sense, your destiny is in your own hands.

I agree!

Life is what you make it. That is what i have learned......but these questions which pop up in my mind are like..... is what i hear some desi people say.... who you will marry and when you will die is all written.... If its written....why do some people have problems in marriage if "who you marry" is written by god. I personaly think who you marry is also your Decision as who you pick as a partner for life. But what about the dieng part?? Is that also written?

Last question..... What about Luck? I seen some people who has good luck ! like seriously really good luck, like the path which are blocked for em, open up, good things happen everywhere they go, and then there are some totally opposite one. Is Luck for real or is it all B.S?
                      Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm. Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount.

Comment

I am sorry I am tired and I have no Hosla to Explalin this in Detail.

Just give U a Hint.... Find out a book about... the Difference Between TAQDEER and MUQADDAR.....

It will Help
                        FACE OF AN ~.~ANGEL~.~ APPETITE OF A VAMPIRE

Comment

Luck pure luck catty.

Fate makes its own way but u have 2 struggle & survive. ALLAH closes 1 door but opens up another 100 & all u have 2 do is find them.

Have faith & believe in urself. Leaving it all on ALLAH is an answer but u have 2 struggle too.
                          I raced @200kph, crashed & survived. If you havent seen God, your not driving fast enough.

Comment

Re: fate vs. the choices you make

For decisions which are complicated in my head, i do Isthakhara (guidance prayer), in other things i do my part and leave the rest on Allah. I do believe in Qadar.. 'not a leaf falls but it is written'(quran).
                            I'm not sure who said this, i think the Prophet..'Trust in Allah but tie your camel'..

Comment

God has given us power to make certain choices in this world. What bugs me the most is when muslims say "Marriages are arranged in heaven", which is a total load of crap.
                              'Music is a moral law. It gives wings to the mind, a soul to the universe, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, a life to everything.' -- Plato

Comment

Working...
                              X