• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Makki Ki Roti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8p2ItEQwkY

Corn in number 10.

Healthiest grains to choose
    According to The Worldís Healthiest Foods, the following are the healthiest grains, meaning they are nutrient dense, familiar, readily available and taste good. These grains help in all the ways listed above and in other ways mentioned below.
    1. Whole Rye. This cereal grain has more nutrients per 100-calorie serving than any other whole grain. It has four times more fiber than whole wheat and 50 percent of the daily recommended amount of iron. It also promotes weight loss, helps prevent gallstones and prevents breast cancer.
    2. Quinoa. OK, this is actually a seed, not a grain, but itís widely considered a grain, so weíll include here. It is super nutritious, especially for vegans because it is a complete protein. It is also high in vitamin E and calcium and low in fat. Quinoa is gluten free.
    3. Oats. Oats help enhance immune response to infection and stabilize blood sugar. Oats are gluten free.
    4. Barley. Barley is a great source of fiber and selenium and a good source of phosphorous, copper and manganese. It also helps prevent gallstones.
    5. Millet. This grain is a good source of manganese, phosphorus and magnesium. It helps with the development and repair of body tissue, helps prevent gallstones and protects against breast cancer.
    6. Brown Rice. Brown rice is an excellent source of manganese and a good source of selenium and magnesium. Itís also high in fiber, rich in antioxidants and helps stabilize blood sugar.
    7. Buckwheat. Also not a grain; itís technically a fruit seed, but it is used like one in cooking, and itís a good substitute for grains because it is gluten free. Buckwheat helps control blood sugar and helps prevent gallstones.
    8. Spelt. This grain does not seem to cause sensitivities in many people who are intolerant of wheat. It is an excellent source of manganese and a good source of protein, copper and zinc.
    9. Corn. Corn is high in antioxidants and is a good source of fiber. It also helps with blood sugar control.
    10. Whole wheat. This popular grain is rich in B vitamins and vitamin E. Itís also low in fat.

The Healthiest Grains to Include in Your Diet | One Green Planet

Comment

Re: Makki Ki Roti

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
      The food guide is prepared using the best available science
      deviating from it will lead to nutrient deficiencies. It recommends 6/7 servings of grains

Eat Right Ontario - Eating well with Canada's Food Guide

https://www.choosemyplate.gov/grains-nutrients-health
      I eat grains like steel cut oats and rice (all types). I will slowly try to add other grains, just not in flour form.

I guess i already eat corn in flour form.
      Last edited by Sidra54; Apr 9, 2017, 04:43 PM.
      www.instagram.com/sabacooks
      What good am I if i can't be me.

Comment

Working...
      X