Low calorie food dishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low calorie food dishes

What dishes can you think of when we are to offer someone low calorie food items only?
    The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Re: Low calorie food dishes

Daal chawal , Pattisaa, marondaa e.t.c

Comment

Soups and vegetables are low calories. I hear people should eat 5 to 9 cups of non-starchy vegetables. I know a couple of women who did bodybuilding and lived on chicken breast and vegetables. Baked fish is also good. Important to eat lots of lean protein.

Comment

Are you looking for a certain type, ethnicity wise?

Desi food isn't your healthiest but there's tons of ways to make it less oily and make changes so we're still enjoying our desi food but making smarter choices. I made a healthier version of karahi ghosht (meat curry) the other day. All the spices were from scratch (no packet) and I basically used no oil.

We also made zucchini noodles and cauliflower fried rice. The noodles were made through a spiralizer and were to replace traditional noodles and cut back on carbs. Same with the cauliflower. You grind it and add your favourite veggies, some spices, vinegar, soy sauce and a protein (fish/chicken/ beef) if you'd like.
        “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

Comment

A roti made up mainly rye flour. I mix bajray ka atta and besan to my rye flour roti.

Comment

awesome , thanks so much Illuminate

I tried Spiralizer too , made really good noodles , but cooking or steaming them killed the noodles . Carrots didnt fare well to make noodles . Zucchini and potatoes were the only option to make noodles but they crushed so fast when steaming and tasted so bland .

I gave away the spiralizer !

Originally posted by Illuminate View Post
            Are you looking for a certain type, ethnicity wise?

Desi food isn't your healthiest but there's tons of ways to make it less oily and make changes so we're still enjoying our desi food but making smarter choices. I made a healthier version of karahi ghosht (meat curry) the other day. All the spices were from scratch (no packet) and I basically used no oil.

We also made zucchini noodles and cauliflower fried rice. The noodles were made through a spiralizer and were to replace traditional noodles and cut back on carbs. Same with the cauliflower. You grind it and add your favourite veggies, some spices, vinegar, soy sauce and a protein (fish/chicken/ beef) if you'd like.
            The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

I've never done a calorie count for it, but I think a chana chaat wouldn't be too high in calories. I prefer it dry as opposed to with yogurt. I make it with chickpeas, diced potatoes, tomatoes, chillies, mint, lemon juice, chaat masala, and imli. You can go easy on the imli to reduce the calories, but you get protein and other nutrients from the chickpeas and tomatoes. Plus it's easy and quick to make and light but filling. I'm thinking of taking some to work with me next week. Apart from that, you can do a fruit chaat as well.

Dried fruit is more nutritionally dense compared to fresh fruit. But too many of them will have more calories though. You can do something like stuffed dates. Take pitted dates and stuff with low fat whipped cream and nuts. Some people like to use mascarpone cheese instead of cream. Or omit the cheese and cream altogether and just use nuts as stuffing. 2-3 of these would make for a healthy snack...just don't eat too many of them.

I like stuffed grape leaves; don't know the calorie count for them...but one might experiment with using quinoa instead of white rice as the stuffing. You can even try stuffed vegetable dishes...like stuffed bell peppers etc.

There is a drink called nabeez and the Prophet SAWS used to drink it for breakfast. You soak dates in a glass of water overnight and then you blend the water and dates. It has a pleasant, nutty flavor to it. I did this for several weeks and apart from being nutritious (you can read about the benefits of dates)...it really, really fills you up...to where you don't feel hungry for a long time. Some people like to blend dates with milk...you can try almond milk instead; that's an option too.

Comment

None of these will get you there

KO PEP MCD
                Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

Grilled chicken wraps using store bought whole-wheat flatbread/pita. Not the thick pita. Use greek yogurt in place of mayo/sour cream wherever you can.
                  Baked/steamed/roasted veggies. Add herbs, dry/fresh for flavor.
                  Baked fish with a sprinkling of various spices/herbs and a swipe of oil.
                  Whole wheat pasta salads
                  Salads with beans, loads of veggies, very little oil/dressing

Anything is low calorie if you just portion control, really. =/ Just use common sense - a thin slice of cheesecake is better than a wedge, a fist-ish sized portion of rice/pasta/carbs is better than filling those giant plates we tend to have at dawats like 3/4 full with biryani lol.

Comment

I pretty much eat what I normally would but in smaller portions and with less oil and carbs. Here is a list for some ideas:
                    oven fried chicken
                    baked chicken breast
                    lettuce chicken wraps
                    baked shami kabob
                    soups
                    salads
                    tandoori chicken
                    baked fish
                    daal (drink like lentil soup)
                    chapel kabob
                    seekh kabob
                    baked chicken wings
                    chana chaat
                    subway veggie patty
                    make desi items with limited oil and buy leaner cuts of meat
                    riced cauliflower as a substitute for rice
                    squash noodles as a substitute for spaghetti
                    It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life..

Comment

Subway is not healthy!

Here is you must know before you eat at Subway again

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                        I like stuffed grape leaves; don't know the calorie count for them...but one might experiment with using quinoa instead of white rice as the stuffing. You can even try stuffed vegetable dishes...like stuffed bell peppers etc.
                        Stuffed grape leaves and stuffed cabbage
                        Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Working...
                        X