Growing own vegetables ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing own vegetables ..

I kind of like the idea . Been thinking about it lately .

We can pay some premium to the farmers for letting us use a piece of land and we do all the growing up of veggies ourselves .

There are also some green houses that do this as a business . They sell space for own gardening of food .

Anyone got experience with that?
    The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Re: Growing own vegetables ..

You are starting threads about all my favourite topics!

I just recently started gardening. We used to have roses, flowers, native shrubs in our backyard but I have started doing some veggies too. We grew some lettuce and tomatoes last year.

Have you looked into community gardens? They are communal spaces where people from the community come together to grow food. You get a piece of land or a garden bed. The water is provided and there is usually a shed with tools that people share. The price for it is usually pretty low. I have seen anywhere from $20-$80 for a growing season. Our city/region is promoting healthy eating and local food so there is a strong emphasis on this.

Teaching children about where our food comes from, and how its grown is so important. This helps them connect to nature a little more too! It's too cold here to start digging but I've started doing some container gardening and started some seeds indoors.

Check this out: https://www.buzzfeed.com/caroltan/he...egetables-agai
    Last edited by Illuminate; Mar 9, 2017, 07:43 PM.
    “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

Comment

Dont think we have communal places here in the UK . I visited a farm recently and the space they were giving was freaking expensive ! It almost felt like growing own veggies was a luxury
      The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

Ah I tried to grow turi and kansi phal here - failed!

Comment

Working...
        X