The best way to cook you daal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best way to cook you daal

I tried this and it worked absolutely perfect - did not cover the pot by lid. And it cooked well and less than than the time with lid on. No boiling up and spill over. Daal should be soaked properly.

Re: The best way to cook you daal

yes it works . I have tried it too . I let it boil first a few times and then lower the heat and just let it simmer and it works well .
    The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

Originally posted by Mostar95 View Post
      I tried this and it worked absolutely perfect - did not cover the pot by lid. And it cooked well and less than than the time with lid on. No boiling up and spill over. Daal should be soaked properly.
      Depends on the Daal. Red lentils cook faster and you can cook that uncovered, covered definitely cooks faster as the vapor pressure is higher. Last time I cooked the brown lentil in slow cooker overnight. It was to die for.

Comment

I have not cooked brown lentil but all split ones cook well including Channa dal.

Comment

plz share ur daal recipe ladies

Comment

Working...
          X