Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age Appropriate Chores

chores.png

Except for the mending, using a lawn mower, trimming hedges/bushes, ironing and simple home repairs lol, my boys ages 10-12 do pretty much everything else on this checklist and have been for a few years now.

How do you all feel about chores? Am the only drill sergeant Amma here lol?!?!

Re: Age Appropriate Chores

guilty.....and my twelve year old daughter does mow the lawn (supervised albeit) and irons her own clothing.
    she helped me to repair drywall and will be mudding, sanding and painting the repaired section while she is on vacay from school.

Comment

My 5 year old is really helpful and she helps tidy up toys, does the dusting the odd time, puts away silverware n helps out with the two younger kids. She also helps put washing out on the line and fold it when dried.

But then sometimes I think that she has the rest of her life to work, why should I get her to do chores? But then on the other hand I think that if she doesn't get into the habit now, then she won't do anything when she is older.

My 2 year knows to tidy up the toys at bedtime and helps empty the dishwasher.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna View Post

guilty.....and my twelve year old daughter does mow the lawn (supervised albeit) and irons her own clothing.
        she helped me to repair drywall and will be mudding, sanding and painting the repaired section while she is on vacay from school.
        Sorry for bumping this but about modern lawnmowers and leaf blowers I'm completely sure that a child won't have any problems using these nowadays. Of course, I'll supervise their attempts.
        Last edited by Sajalina; Dec 11, 2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

As far back as i can remember, start doing chores as of when i turned 9.
          ...baat jisame, pyaar to hai, zehar bhi hai.

Comment

Working...
          X