Cleaning the Mattress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning the Mattress

Have an issue. The Mattress we used when baby was young, has had a few incidents of nappy leaks and throwing up milk etc ..

Normally I try to wipe it clean with a dettol cloth. But now we are getting a bigger bed and new mattress. This one will be kept in the other room and I want to clean it thoroughly so that it is clean for guests or anyone who uses it.

Any ideas how I can go about cleaning it most effectively?
    The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

I don't really know how to clean current one but water proof cover is g8. I purchased an expensive mattress few years ago and I was told that warranty will not cover mattress if any stain so I gt water proof cover. I have had several incidents where mt daughter vomited on our bed.

Maybe cover your mattress with mattress topper.

Comment

Re: Cleaning the Mattress

What she said.
      Fools never disagree.

Comment

I dropped coke on mine before going to sleep.

I just turned it upside down
        ''Bohat nazuk surat-e-haal hai''

Check out whats going on in hangout forums. Click to Visit

See whats up in Rendezvous. Click to visit

Head on in to Entertainment. Click to Visit

What are the good folks in Society up to? Click to Visit

What's life without culture? Click to Visit

How is your lifestyle? Click to Visit

Interested in technology and science? Click to Visit

Have feedback or issue on GS to share? Click to Visit

Comment

I am not sure how to clean the mattress but I have a mattress pad for the crib mattress and our king size mattress as well. It has really helped keeping the mattresses clean.
          May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
          Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
          Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

Well in Pakistan they used to keep the mattress out in the sun to be aired out. You can try that and also dust it hard to get any dust out.

Comment

To clean the old one - steam cleaning, you can get this done professionally. Defo get mattress protectors for all your beds.
              OMG Paki!

Comment

Use a steam cleaner.

To avoid it getting any dirtier, use a waterproof mattress protector, I didn't like this as it was noisy n uncomfortable. Now I have a mattress topper , which helps stop any leaks getting through.

Comment

Originally posted by Shak View Post
                  I dropped coke on mine before going to sleep.

I just turned it upside down
                  Gone are the days of turn upside down mattresses , I dont think we get them in the market anymore I ordered a new one and they are all the no-turn mattresses ..

Originally posted by eastern11 View Post
                  Well in Pakistan they used to keep the mattress out in the sun to be aired out. You can try that and also dust it hard to get any dust out.
                  Originally posted by stoppit View Post
                  To clean the old one - steam cleaning, you can get this done professionally. Defo get mattress protectors for all your beds.
                  Stoppit, I contacted two shops and they said we will have to take the mattress to them for them to clean them .. It is a hassle ! the mattress wont fit in the car and we will have to spend extra on getting a van !

Originally posted by Fefe View Post
                  Use a steam cleaner.

To avoid it getting any dirtier, use a waterproof mattress protector, I didn't like this as it was noisy n uncomfortable. Now I have a mattress topper , which helps stop any leaks getting through.

I like the idea of mattress topper, I have got a terry sheet for my new mattress and now looking to buy a topper as well , so the noise doesnt bug us too much ..
                  The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

Working...
                  X